A dose of Reality-More people are killed with blunt objects than All Types of Rifles Combined

Oh, ok. So all you really need for self protection is a nice collection of blunt objects.

1 Like

Nope, I prefer overwhelming superiority when it comes to self defense. I have no desire to trade blows with a baseball bat wielding assailant, I prefer he be prevented coming within range.

Interesting statement. “Traumatizing”. Why do you think that is?

It’s not about the victims, it’s about what the left can do to help make those dead bodies useful to their cause.

2 Likes

How are they “unidentifiable”?

I don’t know, seems like there is something inherently disturbing about mass casualty events of any kind. We seem to be fascinated by body counts.

Prior trauma as a collective species, IMO. Humanity has been nearly wiped off the map at least twice that I know of.

But these generic libs of nowadays? Anything that furthers their opinions on how others should live is tingly for them.

One irony is that I support the 2nd, but we will not keep it if advocates continue with BS disingenuous and irrelevant arguments. We need to be honest, factual and above the fray of hyperbolic lies and exaggerations.

Red flag laws are working. They are going to expand, probably to the federal level. If second amendment advocates want to do something useful, we should get behind these laws and demand with one voice that extreme protections for due process are written into them. It has already been shown that it can be done, this is not an insurmountable task.

I should think that would be self evident. For example: I was twenty minutes away from the Sandy Hook massacre. All three of our daughters played sports on school fields right there in the town and they were still of school age when it happened. We could have easily been there, and that ain’t no hype. We knew kids, coaches and teachers in their system.

That’s some damn hard ■■■■ to explain to your daughters. It’s not just friends and family that are effected by travesties like that, there are thousands of others with varying levels of connections to it, some direct, some less so. That hit our family hard, and to say it was traumatic does not feel like an overstatement.

2 Likes

Oh I agree totally. I respect gun owners and gun ownership, 2A all that. I totally disagree with most Democrat gun control wishes, but they’re never going to happen anyway.

So OPs like this are pointless and needlessly muddy the waters.

I don’t have guns, because I would be a danger to myself lol, but I like your post because I too, want gun owners to help find ways to reduce needless gun violence. Instead of reflexively saying no to everything, and making it a joke, like this OP.

They’ll be struck down by the courts eventually. Just a matter of time before this starts making its way up the chain.

2 Likes

Connecticut red flag law has only been seriously challenged once or twice in twenty years and were strongly upheld.

Where has it been shown it can be done with extreme protections for due process? How is the police seizing guns while an investigation is done due process? Police are executors, any time the discretion is put in their hands, due process is violated.

OK? Give it time.

Stolen Valor Act took until 2012. Now people can even go so far as to wear my medals in court in order to bolster their reliability as an honest witness. Free speech, dudes!

Fair enough. I want it done right, it needs that.

1 Like

I’ll get back to you when I have more time.

1 Like

I think the point is people are going to find a way to kill others because they are mentally ill or are terrorists. The Boston Bombers didn’t use guns, terrorists strap bombs to themselves. London is rife with stabbings to the point knives are banned.

Where does it end? By taking guns away from legal, sane gun owners who have the absolute right to protect their personhood, home and families? Because that seems to be the agenda for some and and growing in popularity.

Why is it we had kids back 20 years ago who could handle guns and no gun violence like we see today? Heck, we used to have rednecks at our highschool with a gun mounted in the back window of their trucks.

What has changed between then and now? IMO, a lot has to do with the breakdown of the family and support for families to stay together. Kids need discipline and guidance and they are not getting it. They are not being equipped to mentally deal with the real world or are being put on meds they probably don’t need to be taking. Every kid who was rambunctious in class was labeled ADHD… But, hey. No P.E. anymore to let kids blow off steam as they need to do.

My point being we are not going to solve this problem without understanding the cause of it to begin with. I’m sure many good people are working on solving that puzzle.

But, gun control is just a bandaid to make people feel better. If our politicians really cared about gun control they’d crack down on Chicago, but mums the word there along with gangs and the criminal element that commits most of the crimes.

1 Like

Agreed, but I will also be rooting for any compensation these victims may deserve.

The red flag laws are no different than being put on a terrorist watch list.

2 Likes

Thank goodness.

I was told in another thread that guns aren’t the problem, mental illness is the problem.

Can we say the same thing, blunt objects are not the problem, but mental illness is?

How do we make sure that the mentally ill are not getting their hands on blunt objects?

2 Likes