'A big red flag': Trump receives steroid treatment for Covid-19

First of all, NO this does not indicate he is going to die or anything of the kind.

But is DOES indicate his situation is more serious than previously let on.

Dexamethasone is medically contraindicated in minor instances of Covid-19, so its use clearly indicates that the disease has reached a moderate or severe instance in President Trump.

In for the record: I want the President to recover, and fully.

4 Likes

As do I. And I believe he will.

I would go further. I hope he is back on his feet in time to actively campaign the last three weeks.

I want a mano e mano election.

It’s part of a treatment for someone that is 74 years old.

It’s a steroid. It’s use indicates they’re taking all necessary precautions to promote the health of the president, as they should.

2 Likes

It’s not given to patients who simply have a “mild case”…no matter their age.

He’s gotten an experimental treatment, remdesivir, and now dexamethasone.

I’m sure he will recover just fine…have no reason to doubt that…but this wasn’t minor.

1 Like

By what?

I don’t understand the reflexive need to “spin” this.

This indicates he has a moderate to severe case. It doesn’t indicate he will die or that his recovery will be overly prolonged.

But the White House should be straight forward and admit that there was a serious enough problem with the President’s blood oxygen levels to warrant the use of this particular steroid.

The White House is giving mixed signals, which doesn’t help them. Just be straight forward.

I believe Trump will recover fully, his disease instance was just more serous than expected.

By standard medical practice, as indicated in the linked article. It is generally only prescribed if a complicating event, such as a significant drop in blood oxygen levels occurs.

I’m not spinning anything. You made the statement that it is “contraindicated”. I am asking “by what”?

It’s not by side effects.

The spin comment was in reference to earlier comments, not yours.

1 Like

That is not what contraindicated means.

Then why are you?

3 Likes

Tell me Jay…is there such a thing of “mild” case of Covid at 74 years of age?

Think about what you just said.

I know what contraindicated means.

That particular drug is contraindicated for mild occurrences of Covid-19.

I have spun nothing.

By what?

Exactly. It’s no secret what CV does to people his age.

It’s why I take all precautions.

1 Like

Yes there are.

I personally know a few people in their 70s and one in their 80s who had Tier 1 cases. They got through the illness and recovered completely at home with typical household remedies.

And don’t tell me…tell the doctors who are spinning Trump’s case as mild.

1 Like