A Ban on Wood Chopping Tools

No that’s not what I told you.

I’ll go one step further.

Run down this list of attacks searching for the highest casualties per incident then look at how limited access to firearms is in those countries and locales.

We can then run down the list of the worst terrorist attacks on our own soil if you like.

A lack of access to firearms accomplishes nothing but forcing those looking to commit such acts to seek less selective means and for mass casualty events explosives and incendiaries are the choice worldwide.

Would you prefer a dozen or two dozen gunshot victims or dozens, even hundreds of bombing victims per incident?

That’s all your argument amounts to.

I’m not interested in how many people bombs kill per event, I’m interested in one simple thing: are casualties inversely related to firearm access as the original argument claimed?

And I’ve already given you the source to answer your own question.

That brings us back to my question, do you expect everyone to do your work for you?

1 Like

McVeigh had access a firearm, plenty of firearms. What effect did that access have on the number of casualties in OKC? Did it decrease casualties?

This Inverse relationship does not exist, and you’ve only provided irrelevant lists of crimes that do nothing to establish that relationship.

He wanted to create a mass casualty event and survive it. Access to firearms made no difference in his case because of his goal.

This is just paranoid talk. CEC put that fear in cons hearts. Right wing radio pounded it in.

Chippers are apprentice choppers.

Because everyone knows, you need the most advanced weapons possible to massacre dangerous first graders.

The March for our Lives movement’s motivation is what exactly?

Maybe you could advocate for universal health care if you are concerned about mental health.

Are you able to provide either the data for the last 100 such attacks within the USA or a link to a site that can provide that data

How many of those countries across the world are subject to the 2A?

Already proven not true.

Already proven not true.

What is proven not true? You’ve proven that explosives are less lethal than firearms?

I don’t think so.

That’s pretty rich.

1 Like

Banning guns produces more casualties has been proven not true.

I don’t know as that can be proven true or false. There’s too many variables.

What can be demonstrated is that in a mass casualty attack, firearms produce less casualties than many of the other common options. Imagine what a few pressure cooker bombs like were at the marathon would do if dropped in trash cans in the hallways of a school, and set to go off between classes.

Given all the country’s that have banned guns I would think that there would be some kind of evidence either way.

Yeah, its just as clear as mob’s if/then statement “then we agree that banning guns works.”

Do you ever follow the context of the discussion?

Cute. :wink:

1 Like