8 Years of Trump Tax Returns Are Subpoenaed by Manhattan D.A

Well at least there were a couple of perks. :slight_smile:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:

Ok. This makes sense.

He already told Congress that Trump personal and business tax returns would be a likely place to look for evidence of fraud.

That’s a pretty good basis for subpoenas.

Thank you AOC.

she doesn’t always kick ass, but she kicked ass in her 5 minutes of Cohen fame.

1 Like

I’m still not convinced this will matter either. Remember, Cy Vance is the same guy who refused to prosecute Ivanka and Trump Jr., for their real estate fraud endeavors…

Rich cut a deal. If that was me I’d be in jail

Absolutely. And for a lot less also!

Politics has everything to do with it.

Or do you think IRS are so incompetent that they need a lib looking over their shoulder?

Are you under the impression that tax returns are only relevant to investigations of tax evasion?

The New York County DA isn’t investigating whether Trump committed tax fraud - he’s investigating regular fraud.

3 Likes

Right…whatever you say to justify using goverment as a political weapon.

1 Like

Right… whatever you say to justify endlessly defending Fearless Leader, no matter what.

1 Like

If he lied on his taxes about the repayments to Cohen, the IRS would have not known.
Cohen is saying that he lied to the IRS. This investigation is to find out if he did.
And if he did lie to the IRS, don’t you agree that he should be prosecuted?

Not politics. It’s a criminal investigation.

The new subpoena is part of the district attorney’s ongoing investigation into the $130,000 payment made to Stormy Daniels, which former attorney Michael Cohen paid and was later reimbursed for by Trump and the Trump Organization.

The Times previously reported that the Manhattan office had subpoenaed the Trump Organization and National Enquirer publisher American Media Inc. over the summer as part of the new investigation, and CNN reports that Manhattan prosecutors recently interviewed Cohen at the federal prison where he’s serving a three-year sentence.

Or, he lied on his financial disclosures to fraudulently obtain loans, but the IRS returns are accurate.

1 Like

That is another investigation that the SDNY has started. Based on Cohen’s testimony the investigation is wither or not Trump committed bank loan and insurance fraud. And that could also carry over to his mis-reporting on his tax forms.

3 Likes

Bummer, I just realized the DA is Cy Vance.

1 Like

There are also the federal financial disclosure forms that he had to fill out to become president.
I have long wondered if he pumped up his net worth. And I have also wondered if the IRS does a review of those forms against this tax forms. Film at eleven.

Who cares? When he’s done being President, you can have him.

Maybe he wants a job in the white house.
But I agree, bummer.

Why wait?