8 Years of Trump Tax Returns Are Subpoenaed by Manhattan D.A

I cannot think of a legal strategy he could employ here at all to suppress this information. I think this actually gets released to the DA. Who knows what comes of this now.

I don’t know why you keep complaining, since your boys do the same thing. Its been pointed out to you, but you obviously don’t care.

Why 8 years worth of returns? This is an investigation about hush money paid to Stormy Daniels. Only reason I can think of for 8 years worth of returns would be to show a pattern of these types of payments and how Michael Cohen would have been reimbursed.

2 Likes

Eight years is what congress subpoenaed.

I don’t think that they would want to extend beyond what Congress asked for even though the City could rightfully go into the huge tax scam Trump and his siblings did that happened in the jurisdiction

.^
Trump wasn’t subpoenaed.
.^^^^

Well, we know that Cohen has been assisting the DA’s office…

Which leads me to believe that perhaps they are reviewing more than just the Daniels’ hush money payments. I suspect they are looking at tax fraud, and with a history of such endeavors as the basis as well. That is speculative of course, but why else the multiple years of data?

And you know Cohen knows a lot.

1 Like

They can’t use him as a witness though.

No doubt there at all. And knowing he will get no pardon for his Federal crimes, he may very well be seeking to bring down the Trump Organization with him. He has stated repeatedly that he finds it unfair that he is serving prison time for actions done on behalf of Trump and at his request, while Trump sees no accountability. He may end up being Trump’s scorned lover here.

.^
Why not?
.^^^^

Because he’s in jail? He can certainly tell them what to look for though.

Credibility.

They can still call him as a witness.

Incarcerated people testify in court all the time.

Likely not with credibility issues. But they can use his information in their subpoena requests for information. The crime(s) being looked at here are document-heavy. Witness testimony is not as relevant if receipts can be found and presented. Cohen probably has a pretty good idea where the receipts are.

3 Likes

100% this. Cohen’s credibility is shot, but he has the receipts.

1 Like

Well, that’s a matter of strategy.

Personally, I don’t think his credibility would necessarily hurt the state’s case, although that would depend entirely on what he would be testifying to.

That’s what I was thinking.

How’s married life treating you?

We had them for the checks and t
It didnt matter to these people.

1 Like

It’s pretty much the same. We lived together for almost a decade before making it official, so the only new things are that she’s on my cellphone plan, and I’m on her medical insurance.

2 Likes

.^
Depends. If it’s just verbal testimony I could agree.

However if it’s to testify to validate other items such as documents and audio recordings than that would have a greater impact. Verfification of such things as:

• Audio recordings of Trump
  • Audio recordings of campaign officials
  • Verification of travel documents
  • Verification of emails
  • Verification of phone records showing conversations
  • Verification of images
  • Verification of contemporaneous notes
  • etc.

.^^^^

2 Likes