70,000 valid Native American IDs made invalid for voting, SCOTUS approves

Since 9-11 the gov’t has required that everyone have a legal address as part of the 911 system.

Reservations may be exempt but nothing is preventing them from doing so on their own under their own authority.

Like most of the claims of disenfranchisement due to voter ID laws I suspect most of this is just pure made up BS.

1 Like

They even did the whole drive into my driveway, notate the GPS coordinates etc. for the address for the E911 system.

There is no reason they cannot do it under their own authority. They just don’t want to.

It burns doesnt it?

House address isn’t assigned by the post office.

It would be assigned by the Indian government (aka navajo reservation street and house addresses assigned by the Navajo Nation).

house addresses are now assigned by a GPS address as well, where they know how far 10 or 100 or 1,000 feet is in and “address” along a road.

The Indian government is a total failure in providing a street address to each home.

1 Like

They had six years to take care of this. If any of these supposed “potentially disenfranchised voters” was concerned all they had to do was go down to the local or tribal authorities and ensure they had a valid address.

The last place I bought is so rural there’s not even a mail box for twenty miles. To ensure I had a valid address I simply went to the county tax office made up my own address on my own private road and had them enter it as the location for the tax authority.

From there I used the same address for all of my ID’s and my passport.

May have cost me a total of a couple of hours time.

In this case as I said the state could have written the law better considering the rural nature of the state but let’s keep in mind that the 70,000 number is itself a completely unsubstantiated fabrication.

Scream racism, scream disenfranchisement because you have nothing else to offer, it’s the democratic way.

1 Like