61% think mueller will find trump comitted an impeachable or criminal offense

67% think its important that the probe continue
64% think mueller is treating trump fairly
but 71% think trump will fire him

this is from a fox news poll.

of course trumps backers will ignore this since as far as they are concerned trump is a saint who can do no wrong

And that is because of Trump’s general reaction to the whole investigation and his constant lying or exaggerating about trivial stuff. Dude makes it hard to trust him as a person with a high ethical sense.

Polls don’t matter today.

Maybe tomorrow they will. Need to ask the Trump supporters.

Did you look at this?
However, 71 percent said they think that Trump will fire Mueller before the probe is over.

Democrats polled were far more likely than Republicans to predict Mueller would find Trump committed such offenses, at 85 to 22 percent. But a majority of both Democrats and Republicans expected Mueller to be fired, at 82 percent of Democrats to 61 percent of Republicans.

Seems that since Trump has yet to fire Mueller that these people are wrong so much for the poll being any real representation of anything.
Trump can keep telling people he isn’t going to fire Mueller but people still believe he will because the Democrats keep bring it up on the news stations.

People still believe he will because Trump is a proven liar.

Trump tells and says a lot of things, even mutually exclusive stuff. He says one thing; then he says the opposite; then he does . . . whatever. He’s comically inconsistent and contradictory, so it’s foolish to believe him in this particular instance. Honestly, I thought his supporters actually liked–or at least pretended to like–that aspect of his personality.

ETA: He did this again on another topic a little while ago:

Trump spoke by phone Thursday to “Fox & Friends.” He told reporters weeks ago that he had no knowledge of a $130,000 payment Cohen made to Daniels before the 2016 election in exchange for her silence about an alleged sexual tryst with Trump in 2006.

Arguing that Cohen was one of his “many attorneys,” Trump said: “He represents me like with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal,” and added, “From what I see, he did absolutely nothing wrong. There were no campaign funds going in.”

1 Like

That makes no sense my friend. You are suggesting that because people believe that Trump will eventually fire Mueller, and since he has not already done so, that this makes their belief that he eventually will wrong somehow? Their opinion is wrong about believing he will do something in the future, because he has not done something in the past, is completely illogical.

Well, this Fox News poll kind of puts to rest the notion that the American people have moved on, and are no longer of the belief that the Mueller investigation is important. Trump defenders lose yet another talking point.

Looks like they sampled 47% dems and 41% republicans. Judging by the favorability question.

Do you understand how poll sampling works? If so, you would understand the ratio.

1 Like

Such hyperbole.

So much egg on face.

Notice how they delay the egg though.

1 Like

I really like that it was the left progs that pushed to get this released.

if Trump went to Georgia could he be peached?

1 Like

Huh? Trump lied about the payment to Stormy Daniels. What are you referring to in this post from 2018?

You disagree with this?

Trump tells and says a lot of things, even mutually exclusive stuff. He says one thing; then he says the opposite; then he does . . . whatever . He’s comically inconsistent and contradictory, so it’s foolish to believe him in this particular instance. Honestly, I thought his supporters actually liked–or at least pretended to like–that aspect of his personality.

Seems pretty accurate, then and now. That first sentence even applies to the self-canceling excuses given for Trump’s weird document-hoarding. Do you know what hyperbole means?

ETA: I went back and looked at the Stormy Daniels saga. Holy â– â– â– â– â–  it was a conveyor belt of lies from Trump and his sycophants. Even dumber than I remembered.

2 Likes

How is it news that Bill Barr declined to prosecute Trump? We knew that years ago.

The memo does not make Barr’s decision look good if anything it makes it worse.

The people who wanted the unredacted memo released wanted to show that Barr was acting on his own and had already made a decision. The judge agreed and ordered the memo released. The memo showed that indeed Barr was following the recommendations of those in the DOJ and not acting on his own. The reasoning of the memo was sound. There was no crime to cover up. There was no evidence hidden, there was no falsification of evidence. There was no obstruction.
You can be sure the judge is disappointed.

You understand that as AG, Barr was the head of the DoJ, right?