600 bucks Seriously?

Actually I’m not angry. I’ve been fortunate to be able to keep working. For me it’s play money. But Nancy’s amount doesn’t do much either for people who haven’t been working for months. No worries though, once Thief in Chief and Comrade Kamala assume power they’ll work hard to impoverish everybody equally and soon we’ll all become dependent and grateful for Nancy’s crumbs!

If Nancy and Chucky really wanted to help people, they could try encouraging Lib Governors to end their shut downs and let people go back to work!

3 Likes

Hunh? Who said the poor shouldn’t keep theirs? I don’t envy being poor but they certainly keep what little they have…and I am all for that.
Besides the fact is that Democrats say wages are too high for some all the time, For someone who “sees me” you sure have a hard time hearing Democrats.
Its all a matter of spending what you don’t have, and it doesn’t go on forever.

Rand Paul ERUPTS on Senate Floor Over COVID Stimulus That Will Hand Out $600 Checks - YouTube

So she is still speaker, Thanks for clearing that up.

Last I checked the SOTH decides what bills come to the floor. Has that changed?

Gosh if only you’d shown such concern when they were doling out money to Wall Street and corporate welfare like it grew on trees. :roll_eyes:

Why the heck “give” an illusory $1200 to someone who has the same job now that they had when this virus started and earns as much money now as they had then?
No sense.

If I get a check fine. If not fine.

This deal could have been done in September…and been twice the size of this one. Queen Pelosi thought it was more important to damage Donald Trump than to work on behalf of the American people.

One other point…all you leftists claiming Trump mismanaged the virus and related issues. Trump got the multi year process of a vaccine done in 9 months. Pelosi and the Democrats in the House managed to make a process that should have taken a couple of weeks last several months and saw it yield half of what it could have.

5 Likes

Wherever that happens, I am against it.

I’ve got a better question, why tax someone’s UE as income when the government is the reason they’re unemployed in the first place?

Easy answer.

Because the government has completely wasted the last 9 months instead of figuring that out.

Too late. Pay out, figure it out for next time, because there most definitly will be another next time within the year.

Nancy had the power to force it higher if she wanted or no bill sent to the floor.

Ron Jonson is a senator.

We’re well into extended UE here and taxes still have to be paid but it’s a fair point.

Has it passed the house?

Well said.

It’s weird being middle class yet somehow not eligible for any “stimulus”

5 Likes

^ and then there’s that.

1 Like

Right?

1 Like

I’m eligible. Guess that means I’m not even middle class. And I work full time making more than twice the minimum wage. Weird.

Thanks

Well you see, it’s really her fault because the Republicans wouldn’t agree to more. Because reasons and stuff. It’s ok to spend like drunken sailors when we’re handing out taxpayer funds to the wealthy, but helping people who actually need it?

2 Likes