600 bucks Seriously?

I’m surprised no one made a thread yet.

600 bucks?

About 100 million people are eligible. Price tag 60 billion out of almost a trillion.

Meanwhile It includes $45 billion for transportation and $82 billion for schools.

Yes it includes $325 billion in small business,which will be sucked up by large private business…hell they already got their paper work in.

2 Likes

I don’t see this accomplishing much. More of a “we gotta do something to justify our paychecks before the new congress is seated” move.

6 Likes

It’s ridiculously low. It’s our damn money… why don’t we have access to it?

This is for both sides by the way… even $1200 was way too low.

2 Likes

It really is stupid low at least there is an extra 600 per child for families but even then its very low

1 Like

Be grateful you peasants!!!

11 Likes

A simple fix: nationalize every bank/trading firm which has been bailed out since 2007.

Sell 'em off for parts, including holdings. Disperse in entirety, in equitable share, to every American.

End large-fund purchases of any company

This is definitely a “let them eat cake” moment.

Congress is completely out of touch.

3 Likes

One third, minimum, of office-holders should be drawn by lot.

Senate Republicans took half a year and multiple paid vacations to reluctantly give Americans $600 of relief.

2 Likes

Just stop.

1 Like

at least we know what “a few weeks” actually means

so i stand by my comment waaaaay back month and months and months ago.

a completely made up ■■■■■■■■ comment made up with no basis in reality.

i accept your apology

In democrats’ defense, back in spring, we all assumed that stimulus packages would pass multiple times to get us through the pandemic.

Nobody thought the senate would need its arm twisted for the rest of the year.

If the head-count discovers that all money (including the coins of metal currency fetishers) is mere convention, it soonafter learns that all property is convention.

No less than Ben Franklin (an early Georgist) :

“…All Property, indeed, except the Savage’s temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.”

https://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch16s12.html

(Emphasis mine)

I’ve always thought $1200 was way too low. I’m thinking it should have been in the 10s of thousands as a one time payment per household

1 Like

It’s true. Thank pelosi and Schumer that you even get that. Republicans tried to pass a bunch of bills without stimulus checks.

4 months too late

that $$ is going to go right into the credit card late fee, overdraft fees and such …right into the pocket of the heralded job creators to trickle down to the suckers who should pull themselves from their own bootstraps.

THANKS GOP!

1 Like

Thanks to Pelosi…didn’t want to help Trump before election.

2 Likes

How is it, “our damned money”?

They aren’t taking it out of our pockets or accounts, it’s deficit spending that someone will have to pay for at some point more than a half century in the future.

2 Likes

What the hell are you babbling about?

We didn’t get it in a few weeks did we?