600 bucks Seriously?

Well if you use it properly it will. Armed robbery is quite profitable if you are up for the risk.

Yes the hell we do

Then why do you want to get $600 more in debt to get $600?

Because if we don’t keep our economy afloat that is entirely based on consumption of goods and services we are all screwed.

I can vouch. Even on the old board you were one of the main proponents of a balanced budget amendment and reining in deficit spending.

How is the $600.00 difference going to make any real difference in keeping the economy afloat? For how long? Maybe a couple of days or a week?

Exactly which is why I think it is way too small

So if 1200.00 is “way too small” what is the appropriate number?

It is nothing the boots I bought my wife for Christmas this year was $740. Of course I won’t be seeing this check nor the last one. I do agree $600 in this day is nothing, especially in the more expensive areas. Hell even 40 miles away from Seattle one would have a hard time finding a nice 3 bedroom for under 600k.

Closer you come the higher it goes up. It’s like that in most cities but some are much more pricey. $600 is ridiculous and yes I am a fiscal conservative but I know they are giving eat more than that to other enterprises a lot who don’t need it.

2k-3k a month… minimum

For how long and how do you pay for it? What would that cost be over a year?

How doesn’t matter… debt doesn’t matter. We’ve pulled trillions out of our butt already.

Pay that out until the pandemic is over and unemployment gets to a respectable level

We can’t do that without paying a penalty at some point.

The only reason we’re not hurting worse than we are is the fact that the rest of the industrialized world is suffering along with us.

Sooner or later the bills come due and when they do the real pain will begin.

1 Like

If there was ever a time to do it, it’s now.

But 40 years of pretending the rich are the job creators has made sure we are supremely unprepared for this moment.

I don’t blame the politicians…they know who butters their bread.

I blame the people for letting themselves fall for the Two Santa Claus strategy…and still believing in it despite all evidence to the contrary.

That is the point. The fact that they landed at $600 is pathetic.

We are paying a penalty RIGHT NOW. If the economy crashes… none of this will matter.

We literally gave Israel 500 million dollars in this latest bill.

33 million to Venezuela.

We that amount of money we could have given 55k households 10k.

2 Likes

Well obviously our representatives felt a bunch of foreigners were worthier of spending our money on.

You really should learn to read what you are responding to.

What is the difference in 1200.00 and 600.00?

The economy isn’t crashing and 1200.00 would not prevent a crash if we were heading into one.

1 Like

Which is why I am suggesting it should have been 10-30k per household under a certain threshold. 1-3 trillion would have been the cost.

Imagine getting 30k in May of this year. That’s about 4K a month.

That is what we needed then.