6 dead in shooting at Christian school

Yep another. 6 dead at a Christian school in Tennessee, 3 children and 3 adults. Shooter was a teenage female with 2 AR 15s and a handgun.

Female shooter is rare. But regardless still tragic but whats another school shooting in America today. All we will get is the useless “thoughts and prayers”.

1 Like

I’ve been hearing about it on the radio. Very familiar with the area.

A teenage girl. What next??? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

All we will get from the left is another attempt at gun control. Why doesn’t anyone ask why this is happening? It’s not easy access to guns, we have always had easy access to guns. So what has changed in our society that is causing this?

6 Likes

It seems we still haven’t learned anything about controlling access to schools.

4 Likes

Same answer as in the topic on education.

Cultural rot.

6 Likes

And tragically, we’ve had school shootings going back to 19th century as well as plenty of other instances of gun violence going back to inception.

I am pretty sure it’s related to the internet, social media, lack of human interaction. I think I was in 8th grade when Columbine happened I still remember all the publicity that got as well as the internet sites fetishizing the shootings. It’s all went downhill since.

We have had plenty of arson as well but no cries to ban matches.

5 Likes

Maybe I am not aware of them, but I don’t remember any school shootings when I was a kid(70s and 80’s).

Good read. Full of answers to your questions.
Here’s another
https://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-pull-back-from-values-that-once-defined-u-s-wsj-norc-poll-finds-df8534cd

No we haven’t.

1 Like

Its deeper than that and its deeper than the access to firearms. There has to be something unique about America and its culture which contributes to this.

No other developed nation has this same problem with mass shootings at schools

Yes, we have, they were rare, how that scales with population growth I haven’t checked.

I was actually wrong - there have been school shootings going back to 18th century, not 19th.

The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac’s Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indian entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only two children survived.

You are right - it’s 18th century, not 19th. I stand corrected. See my previous post.

We should taken somevlessons from Isreal on controlling school access. Find out why this teen female went crazy. Need to get mentally ill folks off the street. That is the real problem.

Did people blame the bow and arrow, or the Indian?

No…… THIS is recent.

2 Likes

I am all for implementing the gun laws that Israel has.

Private citizens need to apply for special permit from Interior Ministry to carry and need to show viable reason why they need to carry.

1 Like