59 percent fear deranged Democrats; 31% believe they will start a Civil War

I think there are probably a lot of Americans who like the thought of violence in defense of Republicans like Trump. There are some who might even do it.

By and large though, it won’t happen. Republicans are certainly full of rage and have a lot of disorders after decades of Republican media conditioning to hate anything that isn’t big c Conservative, but they’re also conditioned to having their systems do all their work for them. They have their own media networks to do their thinking for them, they have Republicans doing their dirty political work for them, and lets face it, by and large they’re old and fat and just anything more than a couple nights away from the comforts of home and they’re going to fare too well.

Look at the Malheur insurrection. Those guys had months to prep and were deeply committed. In less than a week they were begging for beef jerky and Monster energy drinks on Facebook and pooping in an open ditch, and that was with the ability to drive unimpeded into the closest town which was all of a 30 minute drive away.

Republicans can’t even take it when someone disagrees with them, they’re a bunch of hothouse flowers by choice and are used to having someone else do their fighting for them. Not like they’re going to pick up an M4 and man a post, not when Laura or Tucker is doing the heavy lifting.

7 Likes

Doubtful American don’t have the backbone to start a war with their own government.

Right. Because I’m sure it had nothing to do with:

Then there was your gal Hillary who jumped on the “everybody on the no fly list should be banned from buying guns” bandwagon. And you want to talk about lack of due process? Really?

I hated Hillary clinton since she ran in 2008.

Doesn’t make your comment any less silly.

It does because you assume I support her policy when I don’t.

doesn’t change the fact Trump doesn’t support due process to own a firearm.

Because you say so? I’ve yet to see him take a single gun without due process. Your side not so much.

no because he said so.

Context matters. If a crazy person can be committed without due process, why should they be allowed to buy a gun? That makes no sense.

You can’t be committed without due process longer then 72 hours which is only allowed if your a direct threat to yourself or others.

If we were concerned about due process, you wouldn’t be able to be committed without due process AT ALL.

doesn’t change that Trump doesn’t support due process for firearm if your “crazy”

More like saying we shouldn’t have to wait for due process in a matter of public safety. Take the guns THEN give them their due process is exactly what he said.

so pretty much that he want to use the power of the government to remove your constitutional rights without due process in the name of “Public safety”

isn’t that how Republican passed the patriot act?

I didn’t say I agreed with it. I’m just saying it’s not “taking the guns without due process” like you claimed. The problem is the slippery slope it creates. Who decides who is a public safety risk or not?

The government always decides unless their is due process that is the whole point.

Actually, the due process you’re talking about is the government deciding. A jury isn’t convened to take away someone’s right to buy a gun. It’s a judicial order. What’s the judicial a branch of again?

What party do people who call it the War of Northern Aggression belong to today? Or who call Lincoln a tyrant, fly Confederate flags, and defend Confederate monuments?