40 people killed at Mosque shooting in New Zealand

That has to be done through the courts, not through congress.

Getting wiped out and sent to reservations to rot…your words

Who do you think is responsible for this victim mentality? Them?

Keeping the victim mentality generations after the offense is a choice.

Those that reject it have a chance to succeed, those who don’t can’t and don’t.

How many generations does it take you think?

One.

More characters.

Was this a one time offense?

You know getting their race wiped out and sent to reservations to rot

Indians have not been bound to the reservations by law for over a hundred years.

Ok so it stopped at that point?

You chop a tree down to its stump, how long you think till it grows back

Piss poor analogy, each tree is an individual.

Hey man sorry about you know wiping out your race and sending you away to rot…but have you tried the the hot dogs?

Keep your venom

So a US President can do whatever he likes if his side of politics controls the Supreme Court.

Indian is not a race and they have certainly not been wiped out or we’d not be discussing those living today.

Bad things happen to people, remaining a victim for generations after the offense is a choice.

It only takes one generation to break that cycle.

That choice starts with the parents not teaching their kids they are perpetual victims who can do no better than the previous generations.

1 Like

Interesting I am just now hearing this, so Erdogan leader of Turkey who have been trying to become a member of the EU is going around campaigning to drum up support for his party in an upcoming election. To get support he is showing the video of the mosque killings at huge rallies.

He then said “Turkey would make the suspected attacker pay if New Zealand did not.”

Erdogan warned that any anti-Islamic extremists from Australia or New Zealand who attempt to attack his majority Muslim country would return home “in coffins.”

“We’ve been here for a thousand years, and we will be here until Judgment Day. You can’t make Istanbul into Constantinople,” Erdogan said

“Your grandfathers came and saw that we’re here. Then some of them walked back, while others left in coffins … if you come with the same intention, we’ll be waiting for you,” he said.

I wouldn’t want to be a tourist from NZ or OZ in Turkey right now.

Oh to be so selective. Both the Australian and New Zealand governments as well as the Federal Leader of the Labor Party have all expressed the intemperance of the comments.

To provide some historical context of Australia’s, New Zealand’s and Turkey’s relationship:

A moving tribute to the Anzacs killed at Gallipoli is often attributed to Atatürk in 1934:

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives … You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours … You, the mothers who sent their sons from faraway countries, wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

This inscription appears on the Kemal Atatürk Memorial, Anzac Parade, Canberra Australia

As of 20/03/2019 the DFAT travel advice has not been updated since the 1/01/2019. The current overall advice is “exercise a high degree of caution”.

We shall see if that advice changes prior to 25/04/2019.

Its not my job to do your thinking.

I listened to a New Zealand farmer who was voluntarily turning in his semiautomatic hunting rifle. His reasoning was that although it was a necessary tool on the farm, some in his country were using it for the wrong reasons. First…his love for peace and his fellow man was both obvious and incredible to witness…especially after what just happened. If only the whole world was like this New Zealand farmer. The problem I have is, it isn’t.

Flag my posts all you like to get them removed it doesnt change the facts about this thread.

Funny how so many Trump supporters accuse everyone else of being snowflakes yet they take offense at the slightest thing.

The irony in this post has me just chuckling and is a great way to start the day. Thanks.