3rd Quarter GDP (Third Estimate)

Well I guess we can’t ever do any comparisons between economies because the conditions are never the same :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The cool thing is we are going to find out how Trump will handle another Great Recession.

Yet in 2012 the economy was still in recovery.

Is it in recovery now?

So the FED is incompetent in raising rates right now, and saying they will raise them 2 more times in the coming year WITH a great recession starting?

My guess is tax cuts and austerity.

The last Half of that is the last thing you want to do.

How are they incompetent?

The if the economic indicators are good, then the Fed wants to raise interest rates.

Are the economic indicators good or not?

And the thing is rates are still incredibly low historically. This excuse for Trump is ridiculous when put in perspective.

1 Like

Yeah… they are still at Greenspan levels which contributed to the 2008 kerfuffle.

And they are still so low that I a downturn the Fed will be forced to do even more QE just as they are still unwinding the mess from 2008.

1 Like

Well . . . .

All depends on who you ask. Some think the economy has started downward.

Does it matter what starts a recession? I think it’s Donald’s tax cut and trade wars and general bad policy decisions. Others will blame it on the Feds. But what really matters is how the President handles the economy once we are in recession.

I’m looking forward to Donald dealing with a deep recession. I’m sure it will be the bestiest responce to a recession ever. So great, in fact, we will never have another recession/depression again. Donald will be hailed a hero of the world cementing him as Time Magazine Man of The Year for all eternity.

1 Like

Why do many Never Trumpers and Liberals see signs of resession coming? If They are right then the fed would be incompentent. If the Fed it right, then many never trumpers and liberals are wrong and don’t know what they are talking about.

Sorry. That doesn’t answer the question.

Is the economy still in recovery or is it doing well?

If it is not doing well was it doing well in 2016?

All I ask is for is consistency.

This is my concern. Rates are still too low to help provide some protection and a buffer when the inevitable economic downturn does hit. I believe the Fed should have raised rates even more. But the reckless corporate tax cuts did so much damage to our ability to weather the coming recession, there was little that could be done. It would have been nice for the GOP to have honored its commitment to decreasing debt and the deficit, rather than blow it out of the water at full employment and historic corporate profitability.

This part of your post must be saved for posterity. That you are actually looking forward to a deep recession.

WOW

What I see coming is a recession due to disasterous trade policy and an ill conceived tax cut that has very predictably blown up the deficit and failed to funnel any real amount of capital into the economy.

As far as Fed policy… they have seen for quite a while that interest rates can go up… and in a lot of ways they need to so they have at least one tool to cushion a recession when it does occur.

The thing is that the coming recession was completely avoidable. By having an actual legio legislative process of the tax cuts instead of the slapdash overhaul written by lobbyists and the President not engaging in a trade war with basically the entire planet… the economy would be chugging along just fine with deficits being reduced year by year… just like what was happening when the GOP got full control of the government.

But now… every one and everything gets the blame except for the people who have been in charge for the past two years.

Why is that?

3 Likes

According to the FED and their interst rate hike, the Economy is doing very well and needs to be slowed down.

The fear is inflation.

The Fed raises rates to tighten up the money supply.

1 Like

Why wow? Don’t you trust him?

He’s the greatest President ever and knows more than everyone else about everything, correct?

He will work his magic so quickly and brilliantly that any recession, no matter how deep, will be over in the blink of an eye.

And your economic education background is what? Because to me it seems crazy to rise rates of you see the economy going downhill.

Problem is, when the FED keeps raising rates it slows the economy even more. Then what do they have to do . . . CUT the rates back to were they were or even lower. Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

So far the only real thing that has been slowing the economy is the FED raising rates.

But if all the factors you mentioned in a previous past are pulling the economy down, then there won’t be inflation correct?