2018 was the worst for stocks in 10 years

"The Dow fell 5.6%. The S&P 500 was down 6.2% and the Nasdaq fell 4%. It was the worst year for stocks since 2008 and only the second year the Dow and S&P 500 fell in the past decade.

December was a particularly dreadful month: The S&P 500 was down 9% and the Dow was down 8.7% — the worst December since 1931. In one seven-day stretch, the Dow fell by 350 points or more six times. This year’s Christmas Eve was the worst ever for the index."

I think inflation is not too far off. Protect your investments.

America! Wooo

Record Setting!!!

I did an analysis this morning - I’m down 2.8% on my investments from where I was 1/1/17. And, from what my finance guy tells me, I’m one of the lucky ones.

My kid was fretting over his loses. I told him to try to remember he has 45ish years to go.

1 Like

Yeah, you have to look long term with investments. I’m not pulling anything out, although I may rebalance some.

We need bigger corporate tax cuts

2 Likes

Feel that trickle!

1 Like

If this isn’t proof we need to lock Hillary up, I don’t know what is.

1 Like

Clearly the markets were just anticipating a Dem win in the House.

2 Likes

The markets are clearly a member of the “Deep State™” and are trying to make Donald Trump look bad.

3 Likes

Its the feds fault for propping up trumps amazing stock market …or something

Dow jones is a registered Democrat

1 Like

Feel the Burn.

No, that is not a typo.

I just did a people search for Dow Jones.

There are a lot of parents who did that to their kid. I can’t even…

2 Likes

Hopefully Donnie will calm down in the new year and provide some stability. Like a real leader would try to do.

He will transition into president after midterms

I am equally hopeful that I will win the Mega Millions jackpot tonight.

1 Like

I don’t think inflation is likely to be a problem.

Rush really did blame the “deep state” about a couple of weeks ago for the markets dropping.

1 Like