184 days (6 months) until January 20, 2021, who are you voting for President?

• Trump
  • Biden
  • (any third party/write in)
  • can’t vote
  • won’t vote

0 voters

At about the 6 month point until Inauguration Day.

I have recently changed my State of primary residence to North Carolina from Pennsylvania and so consequently that is my State for voting now.

For me this is simple. I voted for Rand Paul in the 2016 primary. I voted for Hillary Clinton in the general election. This year, I did not vote in the Pennsylvania primary nor in the North Carolina, having changed my residency prior to the Pennsylvania primary but subsequent to the North Carolina primary.

And this year I will vote for Joe Biden. Extremely simple choice to make and a choice made easier pretty much since it became clear that Biden would be the nominee.

Trump has done nothing since he has assumed office to demonstrate fitness to hold this office. And what little semblance of fitness there appeared to be has disintegrated in the last four months.

Trump is a pathological narcissist and pathological sociopath. Two traits that when combined are particularly dangerous.

Then there is the recent interview, commented at length in the other thread on this board. I will take only one statement, for sake of brevity with this OP. The whole statement in regards to him not accepting the results of the 2020 election. That statement, alone, without regard to anything else Trump has said or done, is disqualifying. Any statement other than “I will unconditionally accept the results of the election.” is patently disqualifying.

And going forward, I strongly suggest the far right lose this “anti-intellectual” bias in your candidates. Your going to have to win voters in the suburbs from now on to have any hope of winning elections. Anti-intellectualism (of which Trump is the poster boy) is going to turn them off and turn them to Democrats.

Also, standing on social conservatism is not going to help you with suburbanites, who are little concerned with social conservatism and far more concerned with economic issues.

Prior to 2016, I had voted Democrat only once for President, that being for Bill Clinton in 1996, mostly out of concern for Dole’s fitness for office. I am not thrilled with the idea of President Biden, but I am less thrilled with the prospect of a continuation of the misadventures of President Retard J. Moron.

Giant â– â– â– â– â– â–  bag versus turd sandwich election to be sure, but only one of the bad options is remotely acceptable.

In any event, way back in 2015, I told you so. :smile:

In many ways, Trump is karma for Nixon’s southern strategy. You appeal to the lowest common denominator long enough and eventually you BECOME the lowest common denominator.

Find your 2024 nominee in the suburbs.

I would very much appreciate not having to vote Democrat in 2024.

7 Likes

Very well put.

Voted for Johnson last time because both major party candidates were total garbage. I have never voted for a Democrat before, but I’ll go with Biden. Just because I want to see that mildly retarded sociopath named Donald Trump eat ■■■■■

4 Likes

aww man i was going to do this exact thing in 5 days with the question are you better off now then you were 4 years ago…

I’ll probably leave the top slot blank again but if the violence continues or it really looks close in Texas I may be forced to hold my nose and vote for Trump.

Anyone voting for Biden is voting for a radical leftist takeover of the country and the destruction of the institutions that have kept us in check and mostly a peaceful nation that remained united with the exception of the five years of the civil war.

If that occurs, and it seems all but certain if Biden is elected we’ll have another. You cannot force that kind of change on the country without it erupting into flames.

2 Likes

Damn picked the wrong option.

I’ll vote third party of some kind. I contemplated not voting earlier this year but I just don’t have it in me not to vote.

Unfortunately we know where that leads.

We’re left once again with two very piss poor choices.

Trump has become the most divisive and polarizing person in American Politics largely through no fault of his own but the alternative is to hand the country over to the far left radicals who will dismantle everything holding the country together during the first 2 years of them regaining power if Biden wins.

I fell into the third party trap with Perot and Forbes, I won’t make that mistake again unless Trump is so far ahead in Texas my vote becomes meaningless again.

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

11 Likes

Brilliant retort, certainly among your best writing ever.

1 Like

So if Joe Biden is elected president, the losers will burn the country down or start a civil war. Seems a really extreme reaction to a situation they don’t like. A reaction that’s gotten a lot of criticism around here over the past month or so. Including, I believe, from you.

3 Likes

I never said any such thing. Learn to read what is written.

If that takes place it won’t be on election night or even shortly after his inauguration, at least not on the part of those who opposed him. If anything it will be likely to occur then because of his supporters feeling empowered and immune.

What will almost certainly happen though as the promises are kept with respect to loading up the courts to eliminate the our 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment protections through court packing and the continued destruction of our long standing institutions and monuments violence will all but certainly be the result.

You cannot divide the country and so polarize it stripping people of their rights and expect a peaceful surrender, not in this country, it isn’t going to happen.

The 1st sentence of my response is an entirely reasonable paraphrase of what you wrote. If it’s not what you meant, learn to edit.

So it won’t be the bitter, vengeful losers who start Civil War II. It will be the drunk-on-power winners. Like setting a dumpster on fire after winning the Super Bowl!

Got it, thanks.

No it wasn’t it was pure assumption based on your own bias, you didn’t even bother to read the rest much less consider the words before posting.

It’s hard to even pretend you are trying to pretend to have an honest conversant which you purposely clip my posts and choose to ignore the explanation in reply to your errant post.

What will almost certainly happen though as the promises are kept with respect to loading up the courts to eliminate the our 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment protections through court packing and the continued destruction of our long standing institutions and monuments violence will all but certainly be the result.

You cannot divide the country and so polarize it stripping people of their rights and expect a peaceful surrender, not in this country, it isn’t going to happen.

You are again reminding me of your own solicitousness which was why I ceased responding to you long ago.

Let’s do better.

Frankly, I gave your ridiculously hyperbolic scenario the response it deserved. NONE of what you predict will occur as the result of a Biden victory, or even regaining the Senate. The country didn’t go to hell in 2016 as Democrats predicted. It didn’t go to hell in 2008 as Republicans predicted. The losing party will piss and moan, try to gum up the works, and maybe gin up enough fear and resentment to retake one or both houses in the midterms. Life in the US will go on, pretty much as it has for almost 250 years.

Yes, Donald Trump is a jackass. But he doesn’t have the power to destroy this country. Nor does either ruling political party. The Founders did an amazing job of seeing to that. We will continue to grow and change and thrive.

4 Likes

The country is burning around our ears and the divide is the worst it’s been since the civil war. Open up the windows, turn on the news, or look for it online.

This isn’t 2008, 2012, or 2016. The violence has already started and the intensity of the rhetoric driving it is getting worse, not better.

1 Like

You tell me I should try to do better to have a serious discussion. I’m supposed to ponder the ruin of our judicial system by Joe Biden"s “court packing”? As if the last 4 years haven’t happened? Merrick Garland? Some laughably unqualified federal judge appointments? And now, straight-faced declarations by Republican senators that it would be completely defensible to appoint a Supreme Court Justice this year should Ginsburg pass, even in a lame duck session?? How can I take such unironically expressed hypocrisy seriously?

1 Like

First I suggest you look up what has been promised.

“Court packing” is what FDR did with the lower courts and threatnened to do with the SCOTUS.

Creating out of thin air new judgeships and packing them with political activist judges and justices which is exactly what Biden and the rest of the dem’s have been hinting at for years an dare now promising.

You don’t understand even the basics of the subject matter here.

1 Like

trump in a landslide.

Heard it here first.

1 Like

By all means educate me. Since 1950, which controlling party in Congress has created more new federal judgeships?

I fear a party wiling to exaggerate economic shutdown and civil unrest more than Trump narcissism.

No talk of economy, policy, middle class, small business, or a positive future…tell me again who has the selfish personality.

:statue_of_liberty:

1 Like