160,000 Left Behind in Afghanistan?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/nato-spending-by-country

The one I find most interesting is Greece. They must be really worried about Turkey.

The Germans are the most egregious case of underspending. Based on their economic size and population, they should be carrying most for the weight for the defense of Europe.

Although their case is special. A lot of their neighbors tend to throw a fit about the idea of Germany upping their military budget and enlarging the Bundeswehr. So there’s a lot of blame to throw around for why that is currently the case.

Not only will Jbiden not get them out, he won’t let anybody else do it either.

4 Likes

Well, they did want to stay there ya know. :roll_eyes: He’s going to make sure they do.

What an ■■■■■■■■

2 Likes

Yep I would imagine the occupation of Cypress is a wound that will never heal. It’s kind of odd in a way to think in NATO there is one country illegally occupying part of the land of another member which both the international community as well as the EU considers illegal.

Turkey is like that annoying step kid everyone wants to smack at the yearly family reunion but can’t.

I’ve been hearing that. Totally disgusting.

1 Like

Now Blinken is telling Taliban to stop blocking charter flights with Americans on board.

So is that admission that Taliban is holding Americans hostage?

And only reason Blinen said it to cover his own incompetent ass?

2 Likes

Funny you should mention that. My firm is involved with some of those flights.

1 Like

Hopefully you have some success. What is your opinion on the threat of having bad actors on the plane. I have heard some people say that all the people on their planes have the proper documents but the State dep still won’t give them landing rights.

I don’t think we’re particularly worried about that. I’m not sure exavtly how we’re vetting people (different practice area), but I have no doubt we are.

I am not aware of all the details. But suffice it to say that it’ll all come out in court.

1 Like

If you have time please post updates, thank you.

You got that right!

2 Likes

They will buy them from American Arms dealers. Watch & see. They will get pilots & tank operators as well, the Chinese will train them, you know, the nice folks who are making our medicines, much of our everyday products, & growing our food. We don’t build hardly anything now.

If we MUST have cheap labor, why does it have to be them? You can’t find sweat shops in India, Mexico, the Philippines, etc?

Plus we left like 500,000 pickups. Great for technicals…

That a small number to you?

2 Likes

Did the Taliban have hostages then?

2 Likes

I can’t really say any more than this, but as of this morning, our planes have left Afghanistan full of evacuees.

3 Likes

Well that’s good news

So, you’re writing off the abandoned American citizens now?

Is that a Joe Bidenism: “If you’re not out of Afghanistan, you just ain’t American.”

2 Likes

All those Americans sitting on planes hoping the State Dept pulls their head out of their asses actually WANT to stay there, doncha know.

They are just crying to family members and anyone who will listen to help get them out as a smokescreen and are just trying to hurt poor Biden’s popularity.

/sarcasm

2 Likes