1 Timothy 2:12: Discuss

Well this just goes back to what I replied to you way back two months ago.

You have your mind made up regarding what individual snippets mean, so I see no point in trying to correct your choice to hang onto that ignorance.

That’s not a snippet, that’s a verse.

What else can it mean? (I ask this not of you, Guvnah, since you no longer want to participate in this thread, but of those who also read that verse and don’t think it means what it clearly says.)

God repenteth that he made man.

And it’s repeated in Genesis 6:7 plus the added fact that God intends to destroy his creation.

King James 2000 Bible
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for I am sorry that I have made them.

Now, admittedly, God changes his mind in the very next verse:

King James 2000 Bible
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

So he’s going to kill everybody else, but save Noah and Noah’s family.

Allowing sin-natured man to continue to live.

So making a mockery of killing everyone and everything else on the planet.

King James leaves a lot to be desired. Try to understand the Hebrew. God has regrets about making man upon the earth. Note, no regrets about making man, just making him upon the earth. Second His grief over what has befallen the hearts of His creation is beyond measure. (Notice God grieves over our spirits…that life here on earth is damaging to our hearts.)

God does not wipe out our hearts/spirits…He wipes out our physical existence as it is damaging to us so much that God is greatly grieved.

Keep in mind the warning presented at the end of the flood story. Even with new beginnings, we can stumble back into ways that are ruinous to hearts and spirits.

My wife knows better than to talk in church! :rage:

:speaking_head:“K dear…I’m coming right away. I was just answering a little question in Hannity Land.”

:sunglasses: