Your favorite Christmas movies

I love Scrooge, the musical version of A Christmas Carol which starred Albert Finney.

And of course, Die Hard. (Alan Rickman - one of the best movie villains of all time!)

Holiday Affair. Gordon Gebert was great.

White Christmas is the best Christmas movie period.

Other ones I love include Elf, Holiday Inn, and the best version of the Christmas Carol - the Muppet Christmas Carol.

Also National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, which we watch every year when things go wrong.

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
It’s A Wonderful Life
Scrooged
A Christmas Carol starring George C. Scott
Miracle of 34th Street
Elf
Die Hard
Gremilns
Rocky IV

It’s pretty close, I agree. What’s cool is in a few more days I’ll be seeing it on the big screen for the first time, as one of those Fathom Events. Looking forward to that!

Christmas in Connecticut

The Ref

10stars

1 Like

We’ve got one in our town too, we’re going to be sure to see it!

Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim
The Ref
It’s a Wonderful Life (I know I know, but the ending still gets me every time)

My favorite is Bad Santa.

1 Like

Did you see it?

It was of course great, but there was a 10 minute delay at the beginning where someone somewhere got the digital channel messed up.

I’m curious if that happened to you, too?

A Christmas Carol with Reginald Owen (also like the Alistair Sim version, but I like this one a little better)
It’s a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street (the original)
The Santa Clause

And it’s not a movie, but “Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol” is an annual tradition for me.

I also much prefer the original.

My wife and son like the remake (and actually there’s one with Thomas Mitchell, who played Scarlett’s father in “Gone With the Wind” too). But you can’t beat Edmund Gwynn and Natalie Wood.