Your favorite Christmas carols

Yes I’m an atheist, and yet, I do like Christmas carols.

Not so much for the religious aspect of it, but for the underlying sentiment - peace on earth, goodwill toward all people.

I like Christmas carols as well as everyone else, but the lyrics of some are stupid.

“But do you recall, the most most famous reindeer of all?”

So, is he forgettable, or the most famous?

“Later on, we’ll conspire…as we dream, by the fire…to face unafraid, the plans that we made…”

You’re walking in the snow, not going to war for ■■■■■■ sake.

Merry Christmas!

one of my favorites

I’m an atheist who likes gospel music (Blind Boys of Alabama are amazing)

People didn’t think of the positives around religion Christianity in particular for the west, we tend to see only the negatives. I have been fortunate to spend quiet a bit of time in Europe because of my wife’s family. I personally enjoy the central and Eastern European countries more than the Western European countries to me it’s soulless now. They are losing their identity and culture, some celebrate this I think it’s sad.

If you ever get a chance check out some of the YouTube videos in Poland during Christmas.

Silent Night

Are we sticking strictly to carols or are general Christmas songs acceptable?

Your favorite Christmas music is fine!

Here’s another favorite of mine.

This one isn’t a Christmas song, but it’s by the Royal Guardsmen (who did the Snoopy song) and I’ve always liked it.

I just wonder if hearing “The Christmas Song” makes 93-year-olds sad…

I often change the station when McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime” starts up.

And now I realize why:

1 Like

I like Granpa’s story about Conrad.

It’s your perogrative to dislike a song or not, of course, but Ryan George is a comedian (I had to look him up.)

Maybe he’s just making that witchcraft thing up. McCartney was a Buddhist I think, or a Hare krishna or something, never in to witch craft.

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

It’s a joke. The guy is a comedian.

Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize you weren’t serious.

So are there any Christmas Carols you do like that you’d care to share?

Meantime, here’s that song… I don’t care for it either!

I love this version of A Little Drummer Boy… despite the fact that Grace Jones’ outfit is totally…bizarre… for a children’s show.

Not specifically for Christmas, but it expresses the sentiment.

She’s almost as good as Julie Andrews…

O Fortuna, conducted by Andre Rieu. He’s got a couple of versions out there, but this is the best one because you can actually hear and understand the words.