Youngkin's swearing in outstanding

Oh well that totally changed everything. No wait it doesn’t.

Thanks to Youngkin, Virginia schools will continue to not teach CRT.

He should have showed up in blackface or klan robes because what are dimocrats gonna do about it??

We already know the answer.

1 Like

Nothing screams “small government” like threatening to withhold funding from school districts because they aren’t following executive orders. Also, this would only hurt the students. Not a good look for Youngkin.

In fairness to the Republican Party they barely even talk about being small government anymore.

It actually forbids them to teach that shows racism as an institutional issue in the United States lol.

Because it’s not.

1 Like

That’s fine.

Neither party is in control of the government anymore. As was shown with the FBI during the Trump years, it is out of control and attempts ( such as Trump’s) to contain it are met with cries for impeachment.

1 Like

Republicans are good at this. We have both seatbelt laws and a 21yo drinking age because Republicans threaten to withhold funding from states if they didn’t comply.

Not the dreaded curt dismissal with nothing to back it up. Wounded through the heart, shall I ever recover.

4 Likes

Literally. If school districts want to continue requiring masks … so what? Leave them along. Let localities figure it out. Isn’t this what Republicans want? Power back in the hands of the local governments and school boards? Oh wait. That’s only when their are scary books in the libraries and lesson plans about race … but when it comes to masks, the localities have no choice. Gotcha.

Are you serious? He’s leaving it to the parents. That is removing government completely.

2 Likes

I have been saying for a while now that both sides are authoritarian as long as its their authority that is being implemented.

1 Like

Lol my man actually quoted MLK saying he would be in favor of this nonsense.

Actual guy:

I swear if a conservative ever even read the paragraph around that one single line they know their heads would explode.

Whole threads to back it up.

And yet nothing on the tip of your typing fingers.

How is he “your man”? He was assassinated long before you were born.

Get off the bandwagon

1 Like

Sure there is. You just refuse to read any of it. Cognitive dissonance on display.

“My man” is Youngkin dude. Unless you think I was saying that decades dead MLK was quoting MLK.

Ironically, his executive order would prevent teachers from even telling their students that quote exists.