You guys like WWII Tanks?

Probably, but once again we will never know. I can totally imagine an alternate history, where there is two regional wars (European and Pacific) and America isn’t fighting Germany until after the Pacific war concludes.

Oh no doubt. The Panther had similar track width and weighed about 10 tons less. Panther probably had the best mobility of the war if that particular unit’s final drive survived for a while.

The Italians were mostly terrible.

They did have some decent troops. One particular unit on the Ostfront did well during Case Blue before ■■■■ fell apart at Stalingrad.

In terms of raw skill, especially on the defense, the Wehrmacht Heer was probably the best ground force of the entire war. Problem was that the home front was never capable of fully supporting them.

Well that and they had a habit of brutally murdering and abusing people who could have been valuable allies. For example, the Ukrainians. They welcomed them as liberators from Stalin and instead of taking advantage of that the Heer proceeded to burn down every village and execute just about every military age male in the Ukrainian operational zone.

Another huge blunder by Hitler. Humane occupation policies in Ukraine would have probably netted him about 8 divisions. And that might have been enough to defeat the Soviets.

But what could he do? It was a core belief of his, and he has to follow his nature.

And for that, we should be grateful.

There was no way the US was ever allow Germany a free ride to defeat England. NEVER. Which is why the Pacific war was put on the back burner until the European situation was more clear. Defeating Hitler was a much higher priority.

Sure they would. You are talking about a post WWI isolationist country. Who would probably wonder why America was declaring war on the wrong country

Roosevelt on the other hand. He would move heaven and earth, and I do agree that eventually he’d get his war.

Edit to address your edit: without Hitler’s DoW, there would have only been one burner.

Well, except for the fact that Roosevelt was itching for away around “public pacifism” to mix it up with Hitler. Japan handed that to him on a platter.

But the country just wasn’t with him yet. Plus, the war with Japan would have siphoned off the interventionist energy.

For a time. Like I said previously, I suspect we would have entered late 1942/early 1943.

But Japan’s attack galvanized the support that Roosevelt in an instant. That single act guaranteed war between the US and Germany.

Not true, the Macchi C.205 Veltro was a pretty good plane.

Unfortunately for Italy, the plane entered service late in the war and was only produced in small numbers.

Fascinating.

I suppose we don’t hear about them, and they don’t makes the lists because: Italy.

I did some quick research, and it does appear to be a competitive plane. Good looking too.

Thanks!