Yet another example illustrating "Get Woke. Go Broke."

Some of the decline probably is due to wokeness but likely, not all of it.

Naaah, TV ratings across the board are dropping

Some more precipitously than others:

Source:
https://ctv.kwayisi.org/

Golf channel !!! :golfing_man: :call_me_hand:

Univision Deportes :wink:

ā€œThey could just have bad programmingā€¦ā€

Thatā€™s accurate. Is the above SERIOUSLY what you as a father would want your kids watching?

The mixture of adult sexuality and politics with arts and childrenā€™s programming is a mistake that is costing networks.

Sure, more options like streaming platforms and Netflix is probably playing a part. But it would be unrealistic to deny that mixing adult sexual & political themes is part of the networksā€™ decline.

1 Like

Blueā€™s Highway to Hell

Sponge Bob is a favorite of mine!

Opposite Day & Can You Spare A Dime, as well as the ones where they ride the roller coaster & get off the bus at Rock Bottom are hilarious, as is the one where Patrick goes into hiding as Patricia.

Mr. Rogers made every effort to include a variety of different people on his show.

GLBTQ shouldnā€™t be ignored, but, as in this episode

Non-binary disabled dolphins? Really?

In a show thatā€™s oriented towards children between 3 & 5 years of age? There are adults confused by the term non-binary, & is 3-5 really even an age where the majority sexual relationship that can propagate the species is taught, much less deviations that donā€™t make up a large percentage of the population?

1 Like

Excellent. I hope this trend continues.

I remember keeping my sons from watching Disney Channel/Nickelodian/Cartoon Network back in the early 2000ā€™s. I canā€™t imagine how bad it is now. They knew all about Grape Ape and Hong Kong Phooey. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

When I was a kid Nickelodeon was it.

But these days kids donā€™t watch television anymore, they watch YouTube which personally I am not a fan of.

Nickelodeon is a shell of its former self, and itā€™s not due to ā€œwokeā€ program. Outside of Nicks very specific problem of ousting Dan Schnieder, the industry has changed. Upcoming talent is no longer heading to TV networks, they are going streaming networks, and there is just too much competition for viewership. Especially from Youtube, which a lot of children these days have moved on to.

And if we are talking western animation, thatā€™s also a shell of its former self. East Asian animation studios have taken over. Anime is the go to programing for cartoons these days.

Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network was amazing 20 years ago.

1 Like

Back in the 90s my weekly splurge was going to the extra-large and unusually good CiCiā€™s pizza in Abilene for grazing rights and Cartoon Network in the room dedicated to that channel.

1980-2010 had some of the absolute best animated shows of all time. With 1990-2005 being probably being one of the best times to be a kid.

Sounds fun. Early 2000s CN had some of the best childrens programming of all time.

1 Like

I still love the epic battle between Bonkers and Turbo, Banshee and Kapow ā€¦ pure Spaghetti Western ā€¦ only with bananas and whipped cream respectively.

Cā€™mon man. Squeaky Boots (telltale heart) is classic!

Now thereā€™s this retarded anime stuff. I donā€™t understand how anyone can watch that.

What are you referring too?

There are none and pretty sure I watched every episode

Itā€™s the "R"ight kind tho so it ok

:rofl: