Yet another democratic lie exposed

Normal GOP view here, celebrate crumbs for the poor while ignoring that the huge benefits are really going to the wealthy and corporations.

And from the U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS you can find that real average hourly earnings increased 1.7 percent year to year for November.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.nr0.htm

Bottom line - The economy is working much, much, much better for the wealthy and corporations than the middle class and poor.

1 Like

I’ve downloaded the spreadsheet straight from the Federal Reserve link that was in the Breitbart link you provided.

I prefer to validate things through the source materials and not just take second-hand commentary as gospel.

Don’t you do that too?

My TV isn’t on at the moment. I guess I’ll have to trust my own science, math and statistics background to comb through the data and come to my own conclusions.

I did go to northeastern universities for my degrees though so I’m sure they only taught me Liberal Science, Math and Statistics…amirite?

:sunglasses:

Bottom line. - Anyone who has bothered to themselves for life has tremendous opportunities to make a lot of money in this economy. Those who have low skills an demand high pay will be disappointed.

Hmm, you didn’t use wage growth as evidence to buttress your claim? I’m just pointing out that the evidence YOU chose to use shows better wage growth under Clinton.

That takes nothing away from the good wage growth under Trump though.

we need more vo-tec schools or something.

As I said. This is a current events thread. Not a 20 year old Clinton thread. My intention was not to debate the conditions under Clinton The democrats are lying about conditions under Trump. I’m moving on now.

That would help. But I don’t think that is the main problem. You can’t force people to attend. There is a certain percentage who simply have no intention of preparing for life. They really don’t want to work. They don’t have the dedication or discipline to learn a skill, go to school, or go to work everyday. Everyone else in this economy is doing fine. We just can’t throw 15 bucks per hour at these people for providing nothing valuable.

Ok. And if you note my responses in this thread I have given Trump his due. I’m just noting that wage growth has been better. So it is a boom now, then it must have been a “super-boom” under Clinton, don’t you agree?

The democrats are trying to run against the Trump economy. Claiming that millions of people are being left behind. It’s simply not true. Anyone who has prepared for life can take advantage of these amazing economic conditions. Should the dems continue to claim that the Trump economy is a failure. I sure hope so! :blush:

What percent is that?

They are bearing one of the heaviest burdens during the trade negotiations with China but…they understand what Trump is doing…and support his efforts. They’re paying the price in the shortrun, understanding that that is the price for a better longrun. I wonder why everyone doesn’t understand this?

According to CNN it’s zero percent.:grinning:

@altair1013,

Maybe you could clarify something for me. Wouldn’t by definition the bottom 25% of wage earners actually be those that those who did not do a thing to prepare for life, the ones who don’t want to work or did not bother to develop a skill valuable to employers.

I mean flipping the logic, if those currently in the bottom 25% had prepared for life and had developed valuable skills to employers then they would be employed in higher paying jobs to begin with and wouldn’t have been in the bottom 25%.
.WW, PHS

I believe I directed my question to you, not CNN. Care to give an estimate?

Not necessarily. Some may have just chosen a profession that does not pay very well. Such as school aide. They are hardworking, dependable and have at least a high school education. Maybe more. I was bottom 25. I educated myself and I have advanced. Being bottom 25 does not mean you have to stay there.

But here is what I mean by not preparing for life.

1. habitual drug users.
  2. Criminal records.
  3. high school drop outs.
  4. Made no attempt to gain any career skills.
  5. Poor work record.

Any of those things will sink your ship quicker than a torpedo.

NOW. some people are just screwed from birth. Born with lousy parents. No father around, crime ridden neighborhoods, drugs galore, no value on hard work or education. Basically they are taught nothing of value. My heart goes out to them. They are screwed. As a society we screw them worse by simply blaming racism and walking away. I don’t know how to fix this.

I will if you will. Based on what I see. I would guess right around 10 percent? What would be your estimate?

The conservative republican legislature in Florida just passed legislation to do exactly that.

The labor participation rate was higher back in the late 90s than it is now. Link

The Unemployment rate is lower in California than it is in Arizona here. But that doesn’t necessary mean that the economy is better in California than it is in Arizona here. The main reason why the unemployment rate is higher in Arizona than California is because more people are moving into Arizona than California.

Not all schools are created equal, Minot ND had a VICA program that was incredible, where my kid went to school they didn’t have anything like that hell they didn’t even have walllocker.

1 Like

Some of this burden should be put on prior Administrations for selling out the American people for Globalization.

I only say that because of what Trump has done in such a short period of time.