Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

eh, there was more respect in some regards, but there was a lot more sexism as well.

respect has a different connotation to you than it does for me GD.

for me respect for woman means treating them as equals.

Allan

Hell there wasnt even a womans marathon until 1984 in the olympics. Thats insane.

Allan

I have no doubt as you were raised differently in Jersey. Down here they were treated with even more respect than a guy.

There were some jerks of course who didn’t respect women. You can find jerks anywhere unfortunately.

Like the NFL, you don’t get it. How unfortunate.

Translation: you don’t agree with me so you just don’t get it. :grin:

No. I think your full of crap and this rule is bull crap. You are under the belief that they were disrespecting the flag which is bull crap. You along with the NFL has allowed 45 to hijack Kaepernick’s peaceful protest and turned it into something that it wasn’t. This is America, we are allowed to do anything we damn want.

Freedom to do what you want doesn’t mean freedom to do what you want without any consequences.

The protests were costing the owners money is the bottom line. The owners are in it to make as much as they can.

The players protested and fans reacted by not going to games or watching games in enough numbers to get the attention of the owners.

I think the players did it in a way that disrespected the flag in order to get attention. Sometimes you should be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.

“You have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or you shouldn’t be playing. You shouldn’t be there. Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country,” Trump said.

How do we penalize folks sitting on the toilet? Are they kicked out?
How about any man not removing his hat because they were holding 2 beers and a hotdog?

I just don’t get how a so called “patriot” can be angry with an American-born citizen for exercising his constitutional right of peaceful protest.

You are asking common sense questions to the irrational.

Just wrap yourself in a flag, grab your Trumpy Bear, and start singing your heart out like a good little patriot :wink:

For those of you who have no idea of what the actual “kneeling” was about in the first place, it was in response to the aggressive and brutal treatment of minorities at the hands of police. Despite what Fox News told you, it never had anything to do with the flag, the military, patriotism, etc.

Oh we know what they said it was about. We also know they chose a method that would disrespect the anthem and the flag.

Bad choice.

It was dissent. clear and simple. and its extremely patriotic. These righties would be ripping Sam Adams for throwing tea into boston Harbor and not saluting the British flag.

Allan

The method they chose was to get maximum exposure to a problem, just like the Boston Tea Party.

Mission accomplished.

Allan

It doesn’t disrespect the anthem or the flag.

Their method got maximun dissapproval which is probably not the goal or if it is would be a foolish goal.

Their method was disrespectful and unpatriotic which is probably why some of the left supports it so.

It actually does. A bit of disrespect toward the country that flag represents too.

In any event it is over. The owners have passed down the new rules.