Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

The NFL rarely has guaranteed contracts. They have some guaranteed money within the contract, but the entire contract is rarely guaranteed. For example, Dez Bryant was released with two years left on his contract, in other words, fired. For no other reason than they did not think he was worth the 25M he was set to receive over those two years. Dallas still owes 8M for dead cap, but Dez gets nothing.

No. I want them to act the way they feel. But they are employees of a private organization and have no right to protest without consequence. The league can enforce this any way they choose.

how about the NFL give back that DoD money and have the players stay in the locker room pre 2009ā€¦ itā€™s paid and fake patriotism at its finest

1 Like

Just heard what 45 said on Fox and Friends. Using a throwback term from the 70ā€™s, 45 is a jive ass turkey. Like Bluedog said this is nothing more than paid patriotism. Paid patriotism is not real patriotism and some of you are on-board due to your support for what the NFL did. Secondly, what the bloody hell did 45 mean they should be put out the country for not standing for the anthem? So he want to deport folks American citizens now? This is nothing more than a cultural war. He started this false narrative and many of you fell for it. You guys arenā€™t real or authentic, just a bunch drones following a jackass.

1 Like

Any business can make their own policy. This is no different than anything else. How many people are forced to dress accordingly for work? Do you think thatā€™s real? A business doesnā€™t have to provide its employees a platform to protest. I donā€™t know why people are having a hard time with that.

On the other hand they do have a CBA. I am fairly confident that the league canā€™t just start making up policy without some form of MOA.

1 Like

i sort of agreeā€¦ they could have handled this a lot better than caving to politicians

Trumpsters are slowly showing themselves to be more and more against American ideals and would probably be happier in a dictatorship like NK with state forced worship of the country and its leaders.

I was around in the civil rights era ans very much for it. There was indeed a great need for social change then. However the claims for such now are a bit exaggerated.

I have no problem with whatever protest they want to conduct on their own time now however. More power to them.

However disrespecting the Anthem and Flag in front of fans who have paid large sums of money to watch them play ball isnā€™t the way to do it.

I was taught to give up my seat to women regardless of color. How about you? :thinking:

So will Trump now welcome illegal aliens to stay in the US if they commit to standing for the Flag?

They do not use the word fired in the NFL. Its cut.

Dez was cut and the cowboys take a hit on their cap.

If the cowboys cut a player who kneels at the anthem and he makes a hefty salary.

The team will be much poorer for it.

Allan

You probably did nothing to help social change, but I digress.

Kaepernick or those players were not disrespecting the anthem or the flag. That was a narrative that 45 created and stoked the flames to make the situation what it is right now.

Do you think Jehovah Witnesses are disrespecting the flag by not doing the pledge of Allegiance?

are you kiddingā€¦ any woman? these are enlightened times, women are NOT any more fragile than guys.

I offer my seat to the elderly (any sex), disabled (any sex) and pregnant woman.

Thats it.

Allan

Iā€™ve been taught women are fully capable of standing but if someone is in need of assistance to offer up my seat no matter their gender.

I figured as much. :roll_eyes:

I was raised in the 50ā€™s and 60ā€™s. Perhaps a bit more chivalry during that era.

And a lot more sexism.

There was more overt sexism back then thats for sure.

Allan

Hard to actually do when you are just a kid. As to Kaepernick and the players i disagree. They chose to disrespect the flag and anthem as an attention getting thing i suspect.

Problem is that kind of attention does nothing to further their cause.

A lot more respect. We will have to agree to disagree on this one for sure.