Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

10 char

Either “do it or be fined” is forcing an outcome. You think this is great. Good for you.

You right wingers put so much store in fake “patriotism.”

They don’t hate the anthem.
They are also patriotic Americans.
Singing a song and covering your heart doesn’t make someone more patriotic.

1 Like

One error, touch backs are spotted on the 25 now. :wink:

this is dumb at it’s ■■■■■■■■■ they’re targeting the “owners” so can get their “property” in line. black people notice these things you know… the blatant disrespect. Colin Kaepernick isn’t even the problem anymore, the NFL is exposing itself as a corrupt and racist organization.

1 Like

do you stand up in your living room doing the anthem?

Lol. The only color they see is green.

Or stay in the locker room, like in 2008. Get over it.

whatever…

And that’s fair, those who want to be on the field can be, those who don’t will be sitting in the locker room contemplating the upcoming game.

Allan

Indeed it was the way it was back in 2008, those players who want to will, those who don’t won’t.

Dissent is being an American

Or haven’t you read the delclaration of independence

Screw you britsh who were taxing us to high heaven.

We ain’t gonna take it anymore.

People can dissent and be a patriot. Lol.

Allan

I think what’s disturbing about this epic fail by the NFL is that this peaceful protest against police brutality and racial inequality got turned on its head by a false narrative. A false narrative that got many to believe that a protest against an obvious problem in this country was disrespectful. Many allowed their politics and in many cases their racist views to be easily influenced by an agenda to further minimize the root issue.

1 Like

If the NFL owners really give two ■■■■■ about the national anthem, they would stop concessions during that time.

1 Like

They can protest on their own time and own dime.

Protesting for social change doesn’t work without an audience.

There’s a reason the sit-ins of the 60s took place with a media audience nearby. The only way to draw attention to your cause is to do it in a place that is visible. There’s nothing more visible than television or picture media.

Not saying I necessarily agree with everything the players kneel for. Just pointing out why they do it at the games.

Actions have consequences. The players did what they did and the fans pushed by staying away, at least to the point the owners began to feel it financially.

Now the protests have been properly removed from the field and from being done during the national anthem.

That’s true as well. It’s a business decision and it’s not a first amendment issue; the government isn’t involved.

Personally I’m on both sides with this whole thing.

I appreciate that they are bring attention to an issue, namely that too often black men are treated with undeserved suspicion by SOME members of law enforcement. Too often black men are seen as the enemy by SOME members of law enforcement. This can lead to incidents of police brutality and a break down of trust between the community and police. 95% of cops are good decent people just making a living. But there is a segment who aren’t so good. They are the ones people worry about.

On the other hand, I don’t think alienating the very people you need to support your cause is the way to go. Many Americans, myself included, take things like the anthem seriously. I think some people are jingoistic and go way overboard, but I always respect the flag when displayed and I stand in respect of the anthem when played. I just don’t think it was an effective move. There were other avenues that could have been explored.

With this type of mentality I’m sure glad you were not around during the civil rights era. A movement for social change requires sacrifice.

Gooddad would have moved to the back of the bus when asked for sure.

Allan

again if it is all about the flag… Tailgating shall stop… all vendors would not sell products and all the bathrooms shall be locked during the playing of the anthem

1 Like