Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

Thanks to all who are proving my point about a minority with low unpatriotic standards. Case closed.

You calling me unpatriotic?

I would call all those who disrespect the flag and anthem unpatriotic.

NFL just banned kneeling or sitting for anthem. I wonder how many players will quit = none, lol!

Good for them! :grin: The NBA banned it long ago I think.

so are you calling me a vet unpatriotic…lolol that is funny

No they didn’t.

No, they did not.

On ESPN…

New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23582533/nfl-owners-approve-new-national-anthem-policy

I wish they didn’t…

Explain to me how are they disrespecting the flag or the anthem?

By not standing for it…

By who standards?

so should we stop selling products and close the bathrooms during the anthem also?

There are some other sources out there too. I was reading a CNBC article on it as well. Their article came out 28 minutes ago.

Yeah, no disrespecting the flag or the anthem.

American tradition…

well the new protest will be in the locker room kneeling while the anthem plays outside.

Allan

those sidelines are going to be empty as a sumbitch…lol

[Jets chairman Christopher Johnson backs players’ right to protest - Newsday]

ATLANTA — Despite the NFL’s approval of a revised policy that requires players on the field to stand during the national anthem, Jets chairman Christopher Johnson told Newsday on Wednesday that his players are free to take a knee or perform some other protest without fear of repercussion from the team.

League owners unanimously adopted a policy that allows players who don’t want to participate in the anthem to remain in the locker room. Players who do appear on the field for the anthem must stand; if they don’t, their respective club faces a league-issued fine and teams can levy additional fines.

“I do not like imposing any club-specific rules,” Johnson said. “If somebody [on the Jets] takes a knee, that fine will be borne by the organization, by me, not the players. I never want to put restrictions on the speech of our players. Do I prefer that they stand? Of course. But I understand if they felt the need to protest. There are some big, complicated issues that we’re all struggling with, and our players are on the front lines. I don’t want to come down on them like a ton of bricks, and I won’t. There will be no club fines or suspensions or any sort of repercussions. If the team gets fined, that’s just something I’ll have to bear.”

Johnson has been highly critical of the possibility that owners would require players to stand. During the owners meetings in Orlando in March, Johnson told reporters he didn’t feel a change in protocol was necessary. “I know there’s some discussion of keeping players off the field until after the anthem. I think that’s a particularly bad idea . . . I just think that trying to forcibly get the players to shut up is a fantastically bad idea.”

good stuff

why would go out early if you dont have to?

Allan

1 Like