Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

Yes of course of course. :rofl:

Those arenā€™t facts. Nothing supports his statement. The fact is viewers are down and a majority of the people say itā€™s due to reasons other than kneeling. Those are actual facts.

umm viewership is down because people stream games online nowā€¦ i use PS Vue and there is a few others that are not tracked by the rating system

Folks have any number of excuses while trying to ignore the elephant in the room.

If viewing ratings started to decline BEFORE the kneeling became an issue, and didnā€™t show any change in the rate of declineā€¦in what way can the kneeling be said to be a causal factor in viewership decline?

So you think people donā€™t know their own motives for not watching NFL games?

There have always been empty stadiums.

Once your team is out of it, yikes 10 buck tickets on stubhub with no takers.

Allan

The elephant in the room. Lol.

Allan

I think you are doing a good job of ignoring the elephant in the room.

If kneeling had nothing to do with it the owners wouldnā€™t be taking this action.

Proof is in the pudding.

So this year, in spite of the no kneeling policy, tv viewership will go down.

Allan

Maybe for Jets fans. A bit different in these parts.

What team?

Allan

Iā€™m not ignoring anything.
You on the other hand continue to and you continue to ignore what Iā€™m saying.
Iā€™ve never said the kneeling had nothing to do with it. In fact Iā€™ve said it did. Multiple times. WHY DO YOU IGNORE THIS?
The facts are that a majority of people report other reasons as to why they stopped watching. Another fact you are ignoring.

Thatā€™s what you keep saying. Saying doesnā€™t always make something a fact.

The owners think kneeling is a substantial part or they wouldnā€™t be changing the rules.

But you know better of course. :wink:

No, me saying it doesnā€™t make it a fact. The fact itā€™s true makes it a fact.
Again, you are arguing something I never made a claim on. Yes the kneeling had a substantial part.

ā€œThe pollster said it asked more than 9,200 people who attended either one football, basketball or hockey game whether they tuned into fewer games and why. Twenty-six percent of those who watched fewer games last season said that national anthem protests, some of which were led by Colin Kaepernick, were the reason.ā€

26% say itā€™s due to kneeling. That leaves 74% for all the other reasons or a majority for other reasons.

Yes, I know better as Iā€™m looking at the facts.

As your post says ā€œone surveyā€.

I could find the one Hughes mentioned if I liked.

Please do. Iā€™ve posted facts. Youā€™ve yet to do so.

National anthem protests No. 1 reason viewers tuned out NFL games
www.espn.com/nfl/.../national-anthem-protests-no-1-reason-viewers-tuned-nfl-games
Jul 27, 2017 - National anthem protests were the top reason that NFL fans watched fewer games last season, according to a new survey released by J.D. ā€¦

ā€¦
NFL TV audience numbers continue to decline early in 2017 season ā€¦
www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-tv-television.../l2x7dhlkuubk1tbeftag9ttis
Oct 15, 2017 - NFL TV audience numbers continue to decline early in 2017 season ā€¦ as players kneel during the national anthem in protest of racial injustice. ā€¦NFL attendance and ratings are WAY DOWN. ā€¦ The numbers indicate some fans have discovered thereā€™s more to life than watching the NFL on fall Sundays.

ā€¦

you posted an article. Hereā€™s a couple of my own. Nothing is 100 percent in life but kneeling appears to be the top reason.

I especially agree with the comment that there is more to life than nfl football. I quit watching last year and will continue to do so until i see real change on this issue.

Um, no. Other reasons were given, but the majority of those surveyed said it was the kneeling issue that turned them off.