Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

Attendance declined last year? Oh really. What’s If i told that attendance was up over 2015 and the same as 2016. What if i has proof of that

I ask again what if i also had proof that tv viewership started dropping before 2017. And scarily so

But the right wing media has been posting all those pictures of empty stadiums…

What was it dropping before 2016… what the drop between 2015 and 2016. How about 2014 and 2015.

On Fridays…

It just seems that the NFL is suffering from the NASCAR dilemma. NASCAR got too big for itself. It got too fancy. When drivers like Jeff Gordon came along and turned it into a Madison Avenue sport NASCAR had a big jump in popularity. Then of course the management tried to parlay that into more and more popularity with bigger tracks. Fancier events. They got sponsors everywhere. Then they started ■■■■■■■ with the points format. And now the series has only a passing resemblance to what racing was 20 years ago. Every season it’s pretty much the same teams, same drivers, same results. I gave up on that sport about 15 years ago and don’t miss it one bit.

Now the NFL is perched to do the same. They cater to the dollar while just grinding through players with no concern. They ignore a substantial amount of off-field ■■■■ conduct by players and deny things like CTE which is wrecking players. They fight to protect their cash cows to the point that I worry how the league will figure out what to do when Tom Brady is gone and the Pats suck again. Or when Jerry Jones kicks the bucket and there’s no one to be the actual head of the NFL. Cuz we all know Goodell doesn’t run the league.

It might not be perfect but it really makes me love the NHL that much more.

1 Like

I forgot to add an emoji lol

Actually most of the pictures are from the beginnings of games while people are still in the concession stands or filtering into the stadiums.

It does sadden me how many people in this country mistake symbol worship for patriotism.

Like I said, the Founding Fathers are spinning in their graves at the actions and attitudes of those who profess to be the heirs to their philosophies.

I know i was joking. Sorry no Edit button.

Well said. Good factual post.

That’s not how a great many fans see it. The players are lucky that the penalties aren’t harsher.

Most people if they embarassed their companies or did something that cost them money would simply be fired out right.

Factual? No, it’s not. Studies haven’t shown 10% decline in viewership is directly attributed to the kneeling issues. Try again.

A number of times and you? :grin:

It is down. You want to think it a “coincidence” then more power to you. :rofl:

I’ve never argued it’s down. Try again.
There are studies on why they are down. Majority of the reasons people gave are things other than the kneeling.
These are factual statements.

Are you a founding father???

No- but I’ve read enough of them to know that they were not into mindless symbol worship.

A repost since some seem to need to see it.

Of course you have. :wink:

Not just me…anyone with a modicum of intelligence who isn’t a rabid ideologue.