Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

If so attendance will continue to decline. :grinning:

No. But Iā€™d call those who say they should leave the country unamerican.

Why start now? It takes a special sort of dishonesty to ignore the protestors own words about what they are protesting then make up oneā€™s own narrative.

You mean like this: ā€œI am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color.

This was never about the flag or the anthem, but about police brutality and racial inequality in this country. Yet people like gooddad instead of engaging the issue, took the cowardly route to suppress it by falling for a false narrative by a cowardly liar.

Oh to the fans this has always been about disrespecting the anthem and flag. If the kneelers want to protest police officers (99.999 percent very honorable men) then do it on their time.

The fans for the most part arenā€™t interested in Grandiose exaggerations concerning police officers.

I quite often thank them for their service myself much as I do military members.

Im a fan and I donā€™t care. Stop making grandiose exaggeration on what fans want.

Yeah you are right attendance is not decreasing nor is tv viewership. :roll_eyes::rofl:

Right thatā€™s not related to what I said.

Also, do you think telling peaceful protesters should leave the country is American?

You have no clue what it is to be an American. Have you ever left the continent?

Viewership is up Thank you Fantasy Football.

How are they disrespecting the flag and anthem?

The reason why they kneel is based on a suggestion by military veteran Nate Boyer. He said kneeling = respect.

The rules say ā€œplayers who disrespect the flag will be punished, if they are on the field during the anthem.ā€

The kneelers attention was NEVER to respect anybody.

Nope, down 10%. The NFL is bleeding viewership. Kneeling is directly responsible. Trump was just a catylist to the already dire situation theyā€™ve found themselves. But it is fun watching yā€™all blame him for something that was already happening.

And now with legal sports betting nfl popularity will continue.

Contrary to what gooddad thinks most fans donā€™t give two hoots about the national anthem, itā€™s more obligatory than anything else.

Allan

That is your opinion, there was a myriad of factors that decreased viewship in my opinion.

We shall what happens this season.

Allan

Itā€™s not just my opinion. Look it up. Studies have shown that the 10% decline in viewership is directly attributed to the kneeling issue. The NFL has responded with this policy. Thereā€™s no gray area, itā€™s all there in black and white. Now, I donā€™t think viewership will magically return next year. Patriotic displays are a fickle beast, kind of like a market share. If you screw your customers over, it just proves to them that youā€™re willing to and may do so again.

ratings were collapsing before kneeling became a big time issue

there are to many games on tv,most of which suck
the NFL has turned off a lot of fans with its stupid crackdowns on things like end zone celebrations
cordcutting. a lot of millenials dont care about live sports on TV

Yes, the kneeling contributed. As did off the field issues. Delayed games. Too many commercials and breaks. Crappy games. Aaron Rogers breaking his arm. The Giants and Cowboys being bad.

While it had some impact, other things combined had a much bigger impact.

People who mistake symbol worship for true patriotism have a very limited understanding of what America is about.

The Founding Fatherā€™s would be horrified at the attitude displayed in the post to which I am responding.

To denounce protest as unpatriotic is what makes this whole thing so sad. Once thing is to disagree with the reason behind the protest but it is a whole other problem to call those who protest what they feel is unequal treatment