.........Yay guns!

Apparently all accidents need to be banned.

I propose we ban gun, knives, chainsaws, cars, trucks, horses, water, electricity, holes in the ground, boats, waterskiing, swimming and swimming pools, ice, climbing trees rocks and mountains, hockey, any pitches over 40 miles an hour, running, jumping, football both the American kind and that game where everybody kicks the ball, surfing, airplanes, skydiving…

I m sure I missed quite a few things.

As I said in my earlier post. The person who started this thread is trying to draw a sick connection between this tragedy and the millions of responsible gun owners in this country. I m sure the adult in this tragedy is beyond devastated…if there is criminal liability that’s up to local law enforcement. Who among as parents and people cannot remember that one moment when we absent mindedly left a detergent pod or a pill bottle within reach even for a split second. My wife is the most responsible animal lover in the world…I ll never forget the day she came in from riding with some stuff in the truck and she forget her jack russell for 10 minutes on a hot day.

This was a horrible tragedy…it should not be turned into some kind of political football.

3 Likes

There are plenty of idiots in this country.

Yes, it is. However, one incident must therefore translate to all people need to be further regulated.

2 Likes

Both sides do it… I think we should at least give tragedies like this a week or so before using it for political points

Who is “we”?

Truth is? Bad things happen to rich, to poor to all walks of life.

This man doesn’t need a week. He will never recover in a lifetime.

3 Likes

Emphasis mine.

I did have to take a drivers test. The only gun I ever owned was handed to me at a DU raffle. Never once had to take a test, or prove I knew which end worked.

thank god for freedom!

This is a tragedy. No, it should not be about politics no more than a child drowning in a pool or a child forgotten in the car while a parent went to work.

All are absolutely horrific for the families and every loved one involved.

That it becomes political fodder is an opportunistic grab on the tragedy of others to further an agenda.

And it is beyond disgusting.

4 Likes

You misunderstand me - I am celebrating the fact that gun owners everywhere don’t have to pass safety training, or have their guns secured, or undergo periodic safety checks.

The second amendment is vital.

This poor kid is just a side effect of freedom.

Did you take the time to learn to use it? Why did you accept what was handed to you if you didn’t want to take responsibility for it?

You don’t know which end works? You and the dad in your OP may have some things in common.

2 Likes

Well, in a week’s time on average we will have three more mass shootings taking up the headlines.

We need to celebrate the freedom this gun owner enjoyed TODAY before it is forgotten.

But he’ll always be allowed to by a gun.

So will you. Or get a free one that you kept but don’t know how to use.

Now what?

2 Likes

A handful of people broke their necks diving in swimming pools and the whole country rewrote and adopted codes to prevent it in the future.

Thank god we don’t do that with guns.

I grew up shooting guns a fair amount, so I actually do know how to work a shotgun. But they sure as hell didn’t know that when they handed it to me. And they didn’t know I wasn’t mentally stable either.

I never even took it out of the box. Left it in the basement for about 15 years, then sold it to a gun shop.

We celebrate freedom! The guy who left a loaded gun around and killed his ■■■■■■■ kid will always be allowed to buy another. thank god.

Sorry. Kids drown in swimming pools and even bathtubs.

Code doesn’t prevent stupidity. Code is there to create a safety net against liability.

1 Like

Like the NRA? Colt? Me?

I didn’t ask about guns.

So you took driving training and a government test. Never had an accident?

Don’t be silly.

It’s the fault of the demons who do the killing. And tank god for groups like the NRA who protect the right of demons to be able to easily buy guns. That’s what really matters.