XFL cities announced

Probably a lot of Americans who are there on holidays or living there temporarily attend too.

But I think it’s stupid for the NFL to play there, it is such a long travel time, making it unfair to the teams, and the games are usually stinkers.

Xtremely (in love with the troops) Football League

one game is a special, a game every other week is just normal. much harder to get fan into seats. NFL could sell out pretty much any major city in Canada if they did a one off game but a full team that is where you gotta hope and pray.

Yeah, but this time the WWE has about $3 billion in TV contracts, and needs to burn money like it’s going out of style, hence the XFL being relaunched as a tax dodge.

Some future NFL superstars though will play in the XFL just like some played in NFL Europe.

A guy named Kurt Warner, you might have heard of him, failed to make a regular NFL roster and got shunned over to NFL Europe where he did well enough for the Rams to sign him as a backup to Trent Green. One torn up knee by Green later and Warner is a two time MVP, superbowl champ, and Hall of Famer.

Warner is obviously the most famous and successful but many others worked their way from Europe to the NFL.

Sure, a guy or two either slips through the cracks or develops late. Rod “He Hate Me” Smart played in the XFL. Wasn’t Jake Delhomme in NFL Europe? But that doesn’t change the fact that any second football league is going to be a distant second in terms of talent. Hell, it be argued that there isn’t enough talent to field the 32 NFL teams we have.

As a side note, wasn’t Warner also in the arena league? Iowa Barnstormers, or something?

Warner was in the Arena League. Not sure what team.

For sure. What I think is the NFL should embrace the XFL and treat it like a minor league system just like baseball has. Just like NFL Europe was. There are a whole lot of college players who probably could have been superstars in the NFL but landed with the wrong team or coach as a rookie and then got washed out and never got a fair shake. A minor league system would give them another shot to try and make something of their career.

I’ve always wondered if Vince Young would have panned out better in the NFL if he hadn’t been saddled with talent killer Jeff Fisher as his coach. Its very obvious in hindsight that Fisher wasn’t a very good coach as he was stuck in the 1980’s mentality of offense which no longer works in the NFL. He killed Young’s career and very nearly killed Jared Goff and Todd Gurley’s careers. One coaching change later and Goff and Gurley could be superbowl champs in a few days just two years removed from Fisher.