Would you trade a wall for Medicare for all

NARRATOR: It is.

No, they do and they will pay taxes.

If I don’t want medicare, why should I have to pay for it? Am I a slave?

If there is no compromise what is the point? One can dream all they want but I don’t see the Democrats sweeping the Midwest and south in my lifetime enough to push a legislative change like Medicare for all. At some point there has to compromise or it’s not going to happen, we can see what gridlock looks like in a split country over the last 10 years.

I still don’t understand the defense of Obamacare. Healthcare just gets way more expensive == declare success.

They could absolutely do a massive deportation if they wanted, it’s been done in the past by countries. And a wall has worked in counties that erect them. 77 walls and counting since the end of WW2, you just got to believe.

Hungary, Israel, Austria, and Turkey have had success keeping migration down with a wall and they all have been built recently. We have more evidence a wall will cut down on migration than it won’t if we see the stats of walls in other countries.

From the passage of the ACA, healthcare expenditures have grown at a slower pace than any decade going back to 1960. Fact.

Israel does not have a wall.

So things are great no reason for Medicare for all? That’s the Democratic message I am hearing besides Sanders and Cortez. Just keep the system originally designed by republicans enriching big insurance companies chugging along.

The Palestinians behind it in the West Bank refer to it as an apartheid wall, not sure what you would call it.

I’m just going to let this statement of yours stand all on its own - for everyone to see.

1 Like

So I was a little off. 3.2 TRILLION a year

Sen. Bernie Sanders’ “Medicare for all” plan would boost government health spending by $32.6 trillion over 10 years, requiring historic tax hikes, says a study released Monday by a university-based libertarian policy center.

That’s trillion with a “T.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-30/study-medicare-for-all-bill-estimated-at-32-6-trillion

Now consider the entire federal budget right now is about 3.2 trillion dollars. AND the medicare for all would add 2.4 to 3.4 trillion dollars in spending every year.

That my friend is a HUGE tax hike considering the number of people who pay not federal income tax wouldn’t ya say?

We pay more than that now, around 3.5 trillion.

Given the fact we would have more covered for less money that’s not a bad deal. And remember, this would be a huge help to small businesses and self employed people.

1 Like

It would also help larger businesses because a lot of publicly traded companies are analyzed using the ebitda technic.

Health Insurance is an expense that is taken out of earnings. Paying a tax would improve company valuations.

Medicare for All still saves money over the current system.

They never stop to consider the many thousands of dollars they or their employer is already paying. It’s always expressed as an add-on cost. Bizarre.

It’s clear they don’t understand how much they arleady pay.

I’m not sure how you gleaned that from my post. I’ve long been an advocate for a universal system such as a single payer, or even something like the Dutch model.

I couldn’t care less what people call it. From Israel’s own government site:

Despite the many pictures being shown in the international media of a tall concrete wall, more than 97% of the planned 720 km. (480 mile) anti-terrorist fence will consist of a chain-link fence system [1]

1. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JMB_XUwwHwoJ:https://mfa.gov.il/MFA_Graphics/MFA%2520Gallery/Documents/savinglives.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Trump couldn’t score while on offense (Republican Congress). Now he’s blitzing on every play on defense. He gon get burnt.

1 Like

They will never understand how a Medicare fir all system is less expensive and has better outcomes. They simply do not have the critical thinking skills to understand. They are lost causes.

lol - I can’t believe you still link to that tired, old ■■■■■■■■■ :rofl:

You really don’t know that healthcare currently cost money, do you?