Would this be obstruction of justice?

Oh, and Donald’s election was decidedly not Democratic.

According to our laws and our Constitution he was.

Good thing we are not a democracy, but a representative republic.

1 Like

[quote=“conan, post:22, topic:234, full:true”]

According to our laws and our Constitution he was.
[/quote] Was what? I don’t follow.

Tell Ish, not me. I’m already aware.

Why do you and others drop this little turd as if people don’t know that? A representative republic is a form of democracy. It just comes off as petty, high horse nitpicking

re·pub·lic
rəˈpəblik/Submit
noun
a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

de·moc·ra·cy
dəˈmäkrəsē/Submit
noun
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Using the term “democracy” to describe the US government is not incorrect. At worst, it’s an incomplete description, but that doesn’t make it wrong to use.

1 Like

Until liberals start in with he’s not the legitimate president because he didn’t win the popular vote. That would be a truer democracy than what we have.

Then once the electoral collage is done with (you know, enough states pass that law that their electors MUST vote the way the popular vote turned out), then it’s off to the house and senate to try and find ways to undermine it.

For clarification, the popular vote law is constitutional as the constitution says states determine how their electoral college members vote.

Constitutional Republic lib.

Say it loud, say it proud…now say it with me.

de·moc·ra·cy
dəˈmäkrəsē/Submit
noun
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Do we have a system of government by the whole population, or eligible members of each state, that is run through elected representatives? Yes or no.

1 Like

You can’t say it can you lib?

I asked a yes or no question, lib. Try again, lib. Why can’t libs read or answer a straight question, lib? Try to read my post and answer the question, lib.

Yes or no, lib?

Well, lib? Yes or no, lib.

You there, lib? Yes or no to my question, lib.

Hey, check it out!

What the OP is going back to is that a group of rogue FBI employees in the SDNY started an investigation into the Clinton Foundation solely from Peter Schweizers/Breitbarts book “Clinton Cash” and all that Uranium One gibberish. They were told to cut it out because it was too stupid to live.

So, no, not obstruction of justice, it’s upholding basic sanity.

1 Like

It is not. First, expressing an interest in or opinion over a case is not obstruction. Obstruction is normally things like perjury, or getting someone else to lie, or threatening a witness. Also, the person who is making the suggestion is not shown to be the person investigated. And exercising authority over a case is not obstruction, even if they did that. Donlt be fooled into expending the definition of obstruction, as it has been historically applied.

Just no to the OP’s question. But I’m sure he’s bought into this hook, line and sinker. You can’t teach stupid.

Cat got your tongue?

de·moc·ra·cy
dəˈmäkrəsē/Submit
noun

Do we have a system of government by the whole population, or eligible members of each state, that is run through elected representatives? Yes or no.

Damn!

This looks worse and worse as more comes out. The new IG report that’s about to come out is going to be an eyeopener.

The Electoral college members are appointed, they are not elected.

I’m trying to sort this out.

According to democrats the president is guilty of obstruction for firing Comey because they believe it was done to stop the “Russian Collusion” investigation even though he was not leading the investigation.

It isn’t obstruction however when DOJ officials pressure the man leading the Clinton investigation to drop it.

What a steaming purely partisan pile.