Would Jesus have supported Donald Trump?

Trump is the Golden Calf.

I think it’s simple too.

I doubt Jesus would support any of the presidential candidates.

For that matter, he might not even support Pope Francis.

How would Jesus not support the Chosen One?

1 Like

Christians will undoubtedly support any president while he is in office.

Romans 13:1-2
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

When Paul wrote this he was familiar with some of the chief butchers of the ancient world- Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius and Nero. He made no exceptions. We are to support our governmental authorities. From scripture, there can be no doubt.

1 Like

Jesus was moral, ethical, caring, and loved the least among society as much as the rest, that all seems to have totally escaped Donald.

If Donald wanted to know what Jesus has to say to him, well Jesus and his Father have a Book out there, it truly is a best seller, thousands of years later after it was written, it is still selling bigly, much more bigly than any number of garbage books with Donny’s name on them.

But then we sane and rational folks know Donny has no interest in reading an intelligence update, much less a Good Book.

Wow. You actually think your God would set things up that way?

1 Like

Oh- timing is important here? He’s a serial adulterer. We know that. He was schtupping Stormy and Karen McDougal while Melania was home with infant Barron.

Well I can’t think of a worse exegesis for this passage. It demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of exousia and especially hupotassó.

If Paul was pushing the idea that Christians should completely support and obey the government, pray tell how did he land himself in jail? How did other followers become martyrs?

This is the ■■■■■■ type of interpretation that leads to supporting Nazis.

But maybe not after he was elected? Which makes so much difference. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Of the left? Who’s imprisoning kids and separating families inhumanely? Not the left.

Who’s threatening sick immigrants with deportation – a move that could kill them? Not the left.

Who’s not doing anything on gun control? Not the left.

One other point. Jesus loved the downtrodden. Donnie does not.

1 Like

And I am not convinced there, either.

Would Jesus support partisans using the question of whether Jesus would support Trump for political gain?

Lol, me either.

Yeshua would not support none of this, no matter what party it is. None of it.

FTR…The GOP does not have a monopoly on God, never did.

1 Like

The passage is clear. It leaves absolutely no wiggle room.
No other interpretation is possible.

Romans 13:1-2
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

You said:

We are to support our governmental authorities.

That’s ■■■■■■■■■ That’s not even CLOSE to what hupotassó means. And again, if Paul meant that, how in the hell did he land himself in jail, escape from authorities he pissed off during his missionary journeys, and end up getting martyred? A complete supporter of government authorities doesn’t get executed by said authorities.

Let me ask you, did Jesus ever enter, on His own accord, anything political? He was very specific on being separate from that realm. He even made the point, “render to Caesar those things that are Caesar’s and to The Lord, those things that are The Lord’s”.

Herod was the ruler at the time of Jesus. He was told that a king would be born and so he had all male babies that were 2 years old or under…murdered. Jesus was that person Herod was afraid of. Now here comes Jesus, years later and what happened?

9 And he questioned him in many words; but he answered him nothing. 10 And the chief priests and the scribes stood, vehemently accusing him. 11 And Herod with his soldiers set him at nought, and mocked him, and arraying him in gorgeous apparel sent him back to Pilate.

It’s two different worlds my friend and you shouldn’t attempt to mix the two. One…is ■■■■■■■ politics and the other…is Holy and a Christian understands it that way IMHCO.

Jesus communicated with the masses. He dealt with the High Priests. Yes he would.

Welp, on the plus side the passage proves that the founders weren’t Christians.