World peace may be on the brink, but Trump is very interested in freeing A$AP Rocky

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/swedish-pm-warns-trump-rapper-asap-rocky-won-t-get-n1031961

Kanye West told him to call the PM of Sweden to intervene in the case of this rap artist, who is awaiting completion of a police investigation in a Swedish jail on charges of assaulting someone with a broken bottle. Trump said he told PM Lofven that Rocky was not a flight risk and “offered to personally vouch for his bail.” The PM said he wold not interfere with the police.

OK- here coms the funny part: The president added: “So, I personally don’t know ASAP Rocky, but I can tell you that he has tremendous support from the African American community in this country and when I say African American I think I can really say from everybody in the country because we’re all one.”

Raise your hand if you can see right through this one.

3 Likes

A Kardashian is on board. You need to leave this one alone.

Why do I have to live in a world where the Celebrity Apprentice host is President of the United States?

5 Likes

He thinks he’s actually going to smooth things over with this nonsense? I’m glad the PM blew him off.

LOL. Not all Trump tweets are worthy of discussion………

I know this dude always tries to throw out some bone to black people after he does something wild racist but I definitely did not have “diplomatically pressure Sweden to free ASAP Rocky for an assault charge he actually deserved” on my bingo card.

8 Likes

A lot of people on the Left have been calling for intervention on A$AP’s behalf.

Trump shouldn’t listen?

2 Likes

Oh. I finally figured out this has nothing to do with Aesop Rock.

And I should add to my comment. He should be held under their laws (if that means in jail until trial then so be it). If convicted, he should be treated as any other person who breaks their laws.

Being friends with someone who is friends with the president is a powerful thing.

1 Like

Who, out of curiosity. This is the first I’ve heard of the guy although I don’t listen to rap. Are we talking politicians or people who are to the left of center? Just because some people who listen to rap are Democrat/progressive/liberal doesn’t mean “the left” is advocating for his release.

2 Likes

Been in the news since first of July

Can’t find the one were it quoted several Dem Congress critters calling for state department intervention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/07/17/asap-rocky-was-arrested-after-fight-sweden-now-members-congress-say-its-human-rights-issue/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1fc5ba7ac71c

Found one of them. From 17th:

Reps. Adriano Espaillat (D-N.Y.), Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), André Carson (D-Ind.) and Joaquin Castro (D-Tex.), in a news conference Wednesday, demanded the release of the rapper and two of his associates. The congressmen said the men have faced “inhumane conditions” and “human rights violations” since they were detained two weeks ago — including 23 hours per day of solitary confinement.

Jeffries invoked the words of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are here to confront injustice in Sweden.”

Going to jump on the D congress critters for calling his dedention a “human rights violation”?

Read the second article I just put up a link to.

He assaulted someone with a broken bottle. Should the POTUS get involved and then brag about it on twitter? It’s embarrassing. AND- the Swedish PM told him to run along and MYOB. So he really didn’t gain anything.

2 Likes

He got a lot of leftists to set their hair on fire. We’re seeing our typical TDS cadre lining up here in this thread. More will come. It doesn’t take much any more; the derangement is so severe.

That wasn’t his purpose. His purpose was to say he had a lot of African American friends.

2 Likes

Should any of the Dem congress critters been trying to get the state department to do something and contacting the VP?

Why is everything about race with libs?

“So, I personally don’t know ASAP Rocky, but I can tell you that he has tremendous support from the African American community in this country and when I say African American I think I can really say from everybody in the country because we’re all one.”

4 Likes

i’m glad you are still posting here, but he didnt do anything racist

it annoys me someone as smart as you bites on these ■■■■■■■ narratives