Woke culture at Florida school gone amok

Yes it is…

Changing something you deem offensive is part of woke.

The correct answer is:

1 Like

You don’t get to claim the high ground.

different. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

two things I see here

1. Well intentioned but wrong. This served to actually highlight what was attempted to be hidden.
  2. Leftist getting excited about hiding a 14 year olds cleavage.

eta. as a parent with 3 girls, there is no way I, or their mother, would have allowed one of our 14 year old girls to go to school wearing a shirt that showed cleavage (or wearing make-up). that of course did not stop them from packing a shirt in their book bag and changing into it at school. but they didn’t go there that way,

“part of”

again, nice try

Outrage is over heavy handed censorship.

Allan

no its not.

What do you call it? The admin felt the need to protect everyone from female body parts. Pretty woke to me.

a 14 year old child.

maybe someone thought the yearbook pictures would end up on the internet and possibly bring unwanted attention that could harm the girls?

still, it was stupid because it only served to highlight it.

Does anyone actually think that that little bit of cleavage is sexual ?

apparently someone did. shame on them. is it appropriate for a 14 year old to be showing in school? for some it may be, for others not so much. i can only tell you my wife and i would not allow it. other parents would. its a parental decision, not for school administrators.

2 Likes

If you can’t see the difference between photoshopping breasts out of picture and photoshopping a trump shirt of a picture.

Allan

It is not sexual in nature.

Allan

That’s not a lot of cleavage.

Considering what a lot of parents are letting their daughters wear these days, that’s very very mild.

1 Like

It’s woke…

They canceled something that no one asked them to cancel…

i call it prudish. theres no ridiculous “social justice” element to it.

you should change the title of your thread

but i understand, you need to spread out how it applies to take some of the burden off of the insane left.

sorry not gonna work

1 Like

It shouldn’t be, but we were all 14 year old boys once. And to a 14 year old boy, every single thing you see is sexual.

So I don’t blame parents for making sure their daughters don’t show any unnecessary skin.

But that is a parental decision to make. Not the school’s.

I’m not a prude, but I am pretty shocked by what parents let their daughters wear these days, though. If I had a daughter, she wouldn’t be wearing what a lot of these girls are wearing. But that year book photo in the op isn’t bad at all. If my hypothetical daughter wanted to wear something like that, I wouldn’t outright forbid it. Id just tell her to keep her brass knuckles on hand in case some boy decides to act like a chode.

is that the definition of “woke” now?

I’m not sure what the definition of woke it… that’s a conservative term.

I’ve asked people here what it meant and I’ve received multiple different answers.

I’m just using one of the many definitions I’ve heard… canceling something that no one else wanted to cancel.