Woke-a-Cola on the rocks

Coca-Cola is backing off of its hyper-woke campaign that included “Try not to be white” after polling showed that a large portion of the US would avoid its products in response.

Is this the pendulum swinging the against wokeism?

What is next? Will Coke bring back its very unwoke ad from the 70s?

1 Like

Fascinating. I don’t often drink Coke, but I do on occasion. It’s always in my house because my wife drinks it. If I ever saw a commercial to be less white like in that first link, their product wouldn’t never enter my house again. I don’t understand why a business would want to alienate anyone.

“Be less white”. The only difference between that and saying “Be more white” is that you insult a different set of people. But I guess misery loves company. I suggest to stop being miserable and envious of others. Live your life to the fullest.

3 Likes

what commercial?

It’s not a commercial to my knowledge. I was just posing a hypothetical.

It’s not in my house anymore.

Cancel culture is good.

1 Like

I’ll add, that whole thing about Coca Cola using a diversity training platform that linked to a third-party education website that included a training that featured a slide that included “How to be less white” … was SOOOOOOOOO stupid.

2 Likes

So if someone made a commercial from the fever dream OP you would invoke a double negative and drink coke.

Noted.

I thought you guys were against cancel culture.

Ooooh!

Hell, they can talk all they want. They ain’t gonna get rid of Coca Cola products. All my Facebook friends that said they were done with Facebook are now back on Facebook posting the same stupid ■■■■■

3 Likes

Cancel culture is someone trying to make it so that you couldn’t drink Coke either and actively promoting that end.

And yes there are plenty of examples from both sides of the spectrum.

1 Like

My work just finished a trial with LinkedIn Learning over April. I should have tried it out and taken the infamous less white course. Perhaps I could have learn to be a better clapper.

What a shame Coca Cola has gone from this beautiful ad to admonishing potential customers to be less of anything. I’d say in 50 years, if anything, they’ve regressed in spirit.

1 Like

Yep stupid and insipid.

Allan

So a boycott isn’t cancel culture?

Just to be clear, it was a diversity program for employees. There was no effort to influence their customers about diversity.

1 Like

It’s a corporate thing. Not a marketing thing.

Allan

New vending machine company coming in and the only rule was…no coke products. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

…and then came Georgia.

2 Likes