With All The Remakes

Some new movies that look interesting will be coming out—I do believe the first one in the coming months.

“Bohemian Rhapsody” appears to be a biopic about Queen. “Rocket Man”, about Sir Elton John, I believe debuts this summer.

It’s too early to tell the quality of the movies, but the soundtracks should be phenomenal.

www.imdb.com for more information m

Thoughts?

1 Like

I was thinking about seeing Bohemian Rhapsody. The plot, being about a star’s rise to fame seems a little…Mary Sue-ish, but everyone’s story is different. I think you’re probably right about the soundtracks; usually movies about musicians have pretty good soundtracks accompanying them.

1 Like

Only thing I worry about with Bohemian Rhapsody is that it supposedly ends around the time of Queen’s performance at Live Aid. While that is arguably the high point of their career I feel it short changes the tragedy of Freddie Mercury as he succumbs to AIDS over the following 7-8 years.

My understanding from www.imdb.com is “Bohemian Rhapsody” was incredibly difficult to make.

Director Brian Singer’s temper was apparently so erratic, even throwing something like a chair at the principal actor, he had to be replaced.

Feels like I’ve heard that name before. Wasn’t he a director accused of molesting various teen performers in the Stephen King film “Apt Pupil”, even insisting on their being filmed in a shower?

“Rocket Man” is actually “Rocketman” for those interested in researching it. I sure hope there are some songs from his album “Don’t Shoot Me I’m Only the Piano Player”. That was a great album.