With 15 Article III Judges confirmed today, Senate will hold pro forma sessions only until after the election

15 Article III confirmations are quite a bit less than the 40 that were threatened earlier, but after confirming those judges, sundry Executive Branch nominations and military nominations as well as passing some legislation, the Senate agreed to hold pro forma sessions only until after the November election.

Democrats actually got off relatively unscathed as far as judicial appointments go.

As for what happens AFTER the election, well that depends on the outcome of the elections.

If Republicans lose control of the Senate, expect to see a very lengthy lame duck session in which they will attempt to shove through every last judicial nominee they can.

If they hold the Senate, the pace should be much more measured.

Oh wow. Trump just nominated two conservative 9th circuit judges without consulting Kamala or Feinstein. This should be fun.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-snubs-feinstein-harris-to-nominate-conservative-judges-to-liberal-9th-circuit

Thank you 17th Amendment

Off topic, but does this really mean anything? You seem to be the guy to ask. :slight_smile:

This is pretty standard procedure to refer allegations to un-involved judges. Colorado was likely chosen by random draw. They will investigate the allegations and if anything significant arises, the affair would be referred to the Tenth Circuit Judicial Council.

I heard Trump say this last week.

“I have 145 judges I will be picking by the end of a fairly short period of time, because President Obama wasn’t big on picking judges. When I got there I said, how is this possible? I have 145, including Court of Appeals judges. And they just didn’t do it, you know why? They got tired, they got complacent — something happened.”

Can someone send Mitch McConnell to the White House to explain to Trump how we ended up with a judicial crisis by the end of Obama’s term.

Thanks.
10 c