Wisconson High schoolers collectively Sieg Heil in class photo

A Wisconsin school district is considering (((legal action))) (Even though no laws were broken) after a photo of students appearing to give the Nazi salute went viral, prompting an apology from the photographer. Students are also alleging that their school routinely ignores racism.

“The photo of students posted to #BarabooProud is not reflective of the educational values and beliefs of the School District of Baraboo,” read a Monday tweet from the Baraboo School District in Wisconsin. “We are investigating and will pursue any and all available and appropriate actions, including legal, to address.”

Superintendent Lori Mueller also tweeted a letter sent to parents which read in part, “Early this morning, a photo that was taken last spring of some Baraboo School District students who appear to be making extremely inappropriate gestures began circulating on social media,” and she reiterated the district’s commitment to investigate with the help of local law enforcement.

The photo of a large group of male students, wearing suits adorned with prom corsages, shows many throwing one arm straight in the air, like the greeting used in Hitler’s Nazi Germany. It was brought to national attention Sunday night after journalist Jules Suzdaltsev tweeted it with an acknowledgment to a private account, writing, “If anybody from Baraboo High School in Wisconsin can clue me in on why it appears the entire male class of 2018 is throwing up a Sig Heil during their prom photos — that would be great.”

Just a little Nationalism.

The kid in the upper right corner, who is not doing it, has said that the photographer told them all to do it, but it was against his morals, so he didn’t

This person was imprisoned and force to fight in WWII in the penal army, his jewish wife was killed in the holocaust.

The kid in the top right corner reminded me of this photo.

What the ■■■■

So much ignorance…its just sad

props to the kid in the back

Gotta love the media lies. I’ve seen this story in numerous places including here where they say the entire class did the sieg heil. But if you actually look at the picture its only something over half the class. And some of the ones with arms raised are not sieg heiling anyway. I can see one doing a peace sign, at least two doing a closed fist.

Also , look at the photo right under the sign in the middle. Just below the sign slightly to the right of the pole there is a sieg heil arm without a body . Unless the kid in the top row has superhuman stretchy arms its not his and the kid the arm is next and you would think its based on location is wearing a lighter colored suit while the arm is a dark colored suit. Makes me wonder if there is any photoshopping going on.

Oh, well - if only half the class did it, that’s different. Kudos to them for participating in multicultural studies. :roll_eyes:

It was stupid of the ones that did it. I’m just pointing out how you cannot trust anything the media says when they claim an entire class did it and really its only slightly over half. Add to that the possibility of photoshop as I pointed out and you really wonder how many did it.

Looks like 3/4 or more when I counted sections, you are welcome to count one by one and prove me wrong.

It was hard to count exactly without a marker to mark off exactly which you’ve counted and haven’t counted, especially in the middle.

But my rough count was 27 sieg heils. A couple were straight up in the air almost as if waving but I still counted them. I counted 58 kids in the class. I did not count the 3 raised fists I saw as sieg heils nor the peace sign. I did count the phantom sieg heil arm without a body.

So while I admittedly could be off on either total sieg heils or total students by a few it is about half.

1 Like

You are off, well over 40.

So they’re only 50% nazi?

Amazing how easily people throw out judgment in response to a perceived authority figure - in this case, a photographer.

I’ll choose to believe the kids are just reflecting that phenomenon rather than the alternative - but these kids making really bad judgments is the same way you get people, say. parroting the idea that voter fraud is a massive issue despite all evidence to the contrary.

Some authority figure says “do this” and you do it. We’re all guilty of it sometimes…

My point is that the media has been saying the whole class except one brave kid did it which is a blatant lie. You keep trying to twist it into my saying its okay since only half did it. **** the half that did it but also **** the media that can’t be honest about what is plainly obvious in the picture.

And am I the only one who is actually concerned about the phantom arm without a body in the middle of the picture next to the sign?

I hope the World War II vets from the United States that are passed away can’t see what’s going on in this country right now from heaven. They’d think their sacrifices were somewhat in vain.

Yeah I guess not everybody’s doing it that one kid in the front is just doing the I’m okay sign…:joy: