Wisconsin High Court Declares Stay at Home Unconstitutional

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/967342/18

Looks like Governor Evers’ extending SAH order without consulting her legislators is unconstitutional and the state is open for business.

Local governments are free to impose their own restrictions based on their statistics, though.

Best of luck getting the economy restarted.

2 Likes

Joyful news.

Liberty is awakening!!

:statue_of_liberty:

2 Likes

I saw some signs it was reopening before this decision. I’ve a new hobby, painting by numbers, and like a particular manufacturer. A few months ago, their website stated they were temporarily closed, sorry, try back with us at another time.

Well, their warehouse in Wisconsin reopened. They were not only back in business, but I got my order (everything is on back order) sooner than the customer service rep estimated it would come.

Hope to use them again as we’ve had some trouble with Amazon & my jaw hit the floor upon seeing prices on eBay :flushed:

1 Like

I thought this was about Michigan.

I confuse those two states more often than I’d like.

Wisconsin’s high court? The one where the lib recently won a seat?

2 Likes

Looks like even some libs are having a hard time getting in touch with their inner welfare entitlement and wanting to return to work.

4 Likes

ironic that the justices held a remote hearing. almost as if they are afraid of catching the virus.

2 Likes

bar opens in wisconsin
someone withe the virus comes in and infects others (like just happened in south korea)
one of those infected dies

their family sues the bar out of existence since it was the bar owners contributory negligence in opening,knowing the risk he was subjecting his customers to.

1 Like

Wishful spite towards those who are responsible enough to own a business, all in the name of election season. :wink:

3 Likes

IF someone thinks a loved one was infected in a grocery store and dies, should they sue the grocery store? How about a truck stop? How about a factory producing ventalators? Or Masks?

Here is the article on South Korea bars from Itaewon area -known to often be very seedy…

Lol the Supreme Court issued it’s order late yesterday afternoon and suddenly you got your order. Lol no, that had nothing to do with it.

Many many many businesses have continued as essential businesses in Wisconsin.

The customers knew the risk going in. It’s on them. They could have chosen to stay home.

1 Like

there need to be protections against this, otherwise no one will chance it till there are 0 cases

Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania are key states in the controversies over lockdowns. They all narrowly voted for Trump but have Democrats for governors.

There are several lawsuits pending. Here are three from Michigan.

The legislature is suing the governor in state court:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6883089-Michigan-Legislature-lawsuit.html

A lower state court ruled for the governor in another suit by private citizens:

A congressman is suing Whitmer in federal court:

There is federal suit against Pennsylvania Governor Wolf that is before the Supreme Court:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docket/docketfiles/html/public\19a1032.html

I expect that the longer lockdowns drag on the more likely it is that courts will rule against them. The longer that lockdowns continue the more evidence there is that other approaches are equally effective and much less restrictive. In the case of Michigan, the legislature rejected a continuation of the emergency orders and the governor is asserting that she does not need their approval. That sounds like an extreme stretch to me.

The Supreme Court already refused to block Pennsylvania’s order

How exactly is destroying small businesses & maxing Unemployment supposed to stop the virus?

Some businesses may choose not to operate, or to open more restrictive hours, or go remote.

But at least they’re being given a choice. People gotta put food on the table, & not everyone is capable of working in nursing, law enforcement, heck even these essential government jobs take months to get a clearance, much less start working.

Someday they’ll make a movie about the Wisconsin Tavern League and it will be a beautiful combination of Goodfellas and Strange Brew.

1 Like

I thought there wasn’t a risk any longer?

There’s always risk. You weigh it everyday you drive your car.