Will we see $2trillion Deficits this year?

Who will raising taxes help?

Personally I gave up on getting spending under control years ago. For over 50 years, no politician has done a thing to curb it. They have ALL added to the national debt.

I understand that in Trump Times you will never single out his responsibilities. This has been established.

Likely he gave up exactly three years and two months ago.

4 Likes

It would make more sense to only provide support payments to people whose income has dried up, but I suppose the time and cost of figuring out who gets and who doesnā€™t and then fighting through all the issues raised by people who will ask ā€œWhy didnā€™t I get mine?ā€ regardless of whether they should have or not are going to create more cost than just including everyone.

Trump can argue that putting the money into anyoneā€™s hands is a basis for stimulating the economy I supposeā€¦ although I wish more money were going to people who are losing their incomes in the current crisis rather than those fortunate enough to have their cash flow intact.

Do you agree with running $2trillion deficits right now?

I respectfully ask you to consider my entire post. Trump wasnā€™t president 50 years ago. This has also been established. :slightly_smiling_face:

I donā€™t agree with running up the national debt. Now or ever. By ignoring the debt for over 50 years, it has put us in a situation where when we need emergency funds, like we do now, it could bury us.

What do you suggest be done right now about the deficit, at this moment? Beyond stomping oneā€™s feet?

The same money you suggested defecit hawks give back.

Mine too. We are in agreement.

k. :sunglasses:

Bueller?

1 Like

I donā€™t have a suggestion. Itā€™s like asking the Captain of the Titanic how he will avoid hitting the iceberg after he has hit the iceberg. :man_shrugging:

Uhh. No. Its more like asking the captain if we should hit the iceberg.

You have no suggestions, of course not.

Feet stompers arenā€™t very helpful in times like this

Is this where I get to post a meme?

I donā€™t make the rules.

No its not.

Same old same old, some of us only get to pay for this stuff.

Arenā€™t you retired? Iā€™m pretty sure we will be paying trillions to keep your 401k propped up. Or maybe I have you confused with someone else