Will Trump fulfill yet ANOTHER Campaign Promise by Imposing a toll at southern border?

I’ve always approved of a fee on remittances.

As for tolls, ultimately that will be passed to the consumer.

He just spent a couple years negotiating a trade deal and now he’s going to add a federal tax to goods coming across the border?

What do you think Mexico will think of having a tax unilaterally added to a negotiated deal?

How many miles are new barrier and not just a replacement of existing barriers that were already constructed by Bush or Obama?

Exactly. It’s a dumb campaign gimmick. The NAFTA 2.0 ink is barely dry. Trump isn’t going to do anything here but gin up his base. The same way he tried right before the midterms in 2018 by promising another middle class tax cut. We see how far that went.

Ask me if I care? Let’s party…317 miles of thick, high, newly constructed border wall. :tumbler_glass: :sunglasses:

1 Like

As a big supporter of Trump’s promise to build the wall, I’d think you would care whether he has actually built any new barriers. Guess I’m wrong and it’s the sound bite that you’re applauding and not actual results. Good to know.

As a big detractor of Trump, I’d think you’d already know but nope…just trying to stir up ■■■■ amirite? :tumbler_glass: :sunglasses:

Know what? That Trump has completely failed on his promise to build the wall? And since he has failed and doesn’t want his base to abandon him on the issue he has to spin and manipulate to convince his supporters he has actually done something that he really hasn’t. Yes. I know that. Do you?

He is taking credit for work done by Bush and Obama. The men who come out and replace a roof on a house are not credited with building the house. Just repairing what already existed. That’s all Trump has done here.

No, actually he hasn’t. He’s built both new and fortified existing. I’ll give him 4 more years to do more. I’m sure you’ll offer plenty of resistance all 4 like you have the previous. But that doesn’t really matter because he’s getting it done despite your opposition.

3 Likes

Seems logical that anyone traveling by motor vehicle through the newly constructed wall will be charged a toll.

There is a nice piece included herein by the Dept of Transportation on the history of toll roads and bridges. Examples include tolls being assessed to travel on a Eastern PA roadway as well as on the Golden Gate Bridge. Also mentions how electronic devices on vehicles like EZ Pass have helped track useful data in more recent times too.

1 Like

Good thing there’s no wall either.

It’s a good thing only citizens of Mexico ever cross into the US from there.

Oh, wait…

FIRE!

Charge both directions…fair is fair.

:+1:t3:

How many new miles have been built?

Construction as of May 15

The U.S.-Mexico border spans nearly 2,000 miles. Before Trump became president, 654 miles had primary barriers. More than three years into Trump’s presidency, that has increased by 3 miles, to 657 miles of primary barriers, according to information provided by CBP.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/us-world/border-mexico/article/Border-wall-progress-15467427.php

President Donald Trump’s signature campaign to build a border wall from the Gulf Coast to the Pacific has added only 5 miles of new walls along the U.S.-Mexico border.

5 whole miles of “new” wall. Yeah, that is not what he promised at all. This is a completely failed campaign promise. But let the gaslighting commence.

1 Like

Well, just think - if we elect Donald again, we can have 10 miles, and a new toll at the southern border - IF international travel ever becomes a thing again

1 Like

Yeah…no kidding. If Americans are even allowed to travel beyond our borders by then. We are the Typhoid Mary of the western world right now, thanks to Trump.

1 Like

I was supposed to go to Ireland this summer.

1 Like

If we just suspend the Constitution and appoint Trump to be President for life we might end up with 50 miles of new wall over the next 10 years.

Then he could appoint Ivanka to take his place and - well the possibilities are unlimited.
.WW, PSHS

2 Likes

I was supposed to go to the Bahamas with my whole extended family. I feel the pain.