Will the Supreme Court hear an appeal on Trump's taxes

If it’s as you say it is. I love it!

I doubt there is anything impeachable in Trump’s tax returns. Most high net worth individuals will show a disturbingly low rate of payment, but it will be based on all the legal dodges the high net worth individuals have available. If its legal it is not actionable, just distressing.

I believe the main thing Trump has been concealing in his returns is that his net worth is substantially lower than he claims. Its still high, but being shown to be less “successful” is a blow to his ego he has been trying to avoid.

We already know from Don Jr.'s public statements that the Trump Organization is highly dependent on Russian funding, that is reinforced by the fact that Deutsche Bank (close competitor with HSBC for must unethical big back) is the only major bank that will do business with the Trump Organization. The taxes are unlikely to tell us more.

1 Like

I have a guess that the President has with his children an " All County Building Supply and Maintenance" situation like he and his siblings did with their father.

2 Likes

If the Trump administration was smart, they wouldn’t even appeal lest the SCOTUS does end up hearing it, because they’d lose.

Well that certainly is an interesting guess but remember Trump manages very little real estate at this point… the Trump Organization largely engages in marketing deals to put the Trump name on buildings built and managed by others. The place where that for of tax dodge would pay off is in the Kushner Organizations extensive holdings in the Baltimore slums, but that’s a separate can of worms.

1 Like

Does your tax return show your net worth?

President Trump’s financial statements are available and have been available for years. Those show a person’s net worth, not a tax return.

If he does have to turn them over, I hope President Trump’s lawyers sends them over in a dump truck.

Still dreaming about that Russian funding I see. LOL

If he does it the way most rich dudes dodging taxes do-that is, sloppily, because we stopped prosecuting white collar crime twenty years-it will provide the road map to all the LLCs and shell companies that he uses.

Yep… It didn’t take much of Fred Trump’s taxes to track down all of the stuff that the NYT published in an article that would have ended any other politician but blew over by the next day.

3 Likes

He will not be turning over anything… His accounting firm will be turning them over and you can be sure they won’t be playing pathetic games…

I think delaying it could soften the blow to public opinion which is what impeachment truly hinges on.

Last week, the Republicans on the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on Russian funding channeled through the NRA, a substantial portion of which ended up in the Trump campaign. Yesterday two associates of Rudy Giuliani and Donald Trump Jr. were arrested for illegally channeling Russian funds to Republican candidates.

You are absolutely free to welcome Russian interests buying our political system, but you cannot pretend that Russian funding isn’t sloshing freely through Republican campaigns… and we have statements from both Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump about the Trump Organization’s dependence on Russian investment.

We are many data points past claiming the Russian money isn’t all over the place.

1 Like

Interesting claim. Trump’s taxes were once done by Arthur Anderson, the firm that collapsed because of its financial shenanigans on behalf of Enron… but I am sure in selecting his next firm Trump considered their ethical standards above all else.

Mazars was already going to comply with the subpoena after losing at the district court level…

I’m assuming you meant “Russian funding” here?

Fixed it. Thanks. Not surprising the Russian and Republican are becoming synonymous!

2 Likes

No worries.

Truth! Absolute truth. Sad, depressing, and disheartening truth.

So they are going to appeal.

What I think is that he’s not a billionaire. And if you take that mantle away after he’s bragged about it for years, he looks even more like a con man.