Will the GOP try to pivot away from trump and is it to late?

I posted a longer list of reasons in another thread, but the 2 main reasons that 2020 is not like 2016 are 1) people have seen Trump in action now and most of them really don’t like what they see; and 2) Joe Biden does not have the level of dislike that Hillary did.

4 Likes

He can demand anything he wants, he won’t even come close to getting it. Esp if he landslides out.

R Politicians turn on a dime once they know trump doesn’t hold power.

Allan

But as I have said before on these boards some Will deny ever supporting him just like support for the gulf war

I think Trump wins Florida and Ohio, loses Michigan making the election come down to Pennsylvania.

Trump really hasn’t geared up for the election so I don’t put too much stock in polls. If these numbers hold into September, I’d say there is trouble but at this point, the campaigns haven’t even hit second gear.

Republican will not pivot away from The Donald. They are too frightened. Weak. Spineless. Lacking in marbles. Their sacs are empty.

5 Likes

His fanboys won’t, especially if he can make it look like he got robbed. Republicans aren’t scared of Trump. They’re scared of his voters. Republican campaign guys openly admit that “loyalty to Trump” is the single most important voter issue to down ticket candidates. Like eighty percent bro.

1 Like

Disagree, I think Biden wins Florida. Trump will win Ohio. Trump will lose NC as well. He’s not faring well in MI or WI. That basically would seal it.

Looks like the maps show the Democrat getting 347 electoral votes and Trump lucky to get 191 electoral votes.

http://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/the-electoral-college-map-no-2/

Then the down ticket will go up in flames.

Collins has already pivoted away from trump.

She has stated she won’t campaign against biden.

Romney too.

And how many senators have already backed away from the COVID convention.

Allan

Romney’s not running-he’s persona non grata anyway-and Collins is only backing away because her approval rating has dropped by more than half in a shockingly small amount of time. Don’t be surprised if the RNC and RSCC abandon her, or already have.

Don’t believe Biden is gonna win Florida until he’s up by +10. The Florida GOP is the most well organized state party in America and no human being on Earth has ever been able to predict how the Panhandle is going to vote.

2 Likes

There’s a reason Trump is pushing hard to get states to reopen from COVID lockdowns and stay open (e.g. “We need to live with it”). He has less than 4 months to get the economy moving. If unemployment is at single digits and the DOW above 30K by Halloween, I’d say his chances of a second term are better than 60%.

The ads for the the three Republicans running to be the Representative from Maine are all about how much deference they show to Trump.

This leads to hilarious instances of back to back ads of one guy saying how gently he will cradle the President’s genitalia and then immediately follows is an attack ad on that same guy saying that he would do no such thing.

1 Like

I get why, but you’re persisting in the illusion that there is a Republican Party anymore outside of loyalty to Trump. It makes me sad watching all these little kiss-asses like Cruz and De Santis and Cotton acting like they’re gonna be the 2024 candidate.

If Trump wins, it will absolutely be Don Jr. or Ivanka in 2024. If Trump loses, he will demand fealty for himself to run again in 2024. He will burn the Republican Party to the ground for the ■■■■ of it.

The ads against Collins here are about two things.

Her deference to Trump and tying her to pharmaceutical companies and the Opioid epidemic.

During the special election between Conor Lamb (my new Congresscritter since I moved to the burbs) and, uh, Rick Saccio I think, Saccio literally ran ads where he held his children on his lap and told them what a great moral exemplar Donald Trump was and then told the audience that he teaches his kids to be more like Trump.

I wish I could find the ad.

I don’t know.

The second Trump is no longer President he has a whole host of legal troubles facing him.

I’m unsure why you think he would abandon his greatest weapon in that fight, if he does lose.

Trump hates losing. I wouldn’t put it past him to find a way to run in 2024. Or at least be front and center as he forces one of his spoiled brats to run.

And remember, if he wins, it’s a hundred percent certainty that one of his kids run in 2024.

1 Like