Will nuclear power ever get a more expanded role in the push for clean energy?

So is coal and oil but you aren’t complaining about that

Knowingly writing a false statement.

Neglects to mention that almost all energy is heavily subsidized, because that would actually answer the question and go against the right-wing propaganda.

Seems like we’re done here.

if you want to be done, i guess so

Interesting concept. Didn’t know it’s existed.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

They solution is out there. Wind and solar isn’t going to cut it. The environmental impact creating/making them does just as much damage as using fossil fuels. Just because a dictatorial goverment like China keeps it from public view, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exit.

That’s never going to change? Perovskite cell technology isn’t expected to improve drastically?

You still have to mine, forge etc that take lots of energy to create.

Nuclear is the way to go but we can’t have another Chernobyl/Fukushima disasters ever again.

That’s some scary ■■■■ IMO.

I’d say there is no doubt about it. Nuclear waste would have to be shipped to the plants for fuel.

Not when Perovskite cell technology improves which is inevitable and around the corner.

“Perovskite has let us truly rethink what we can do with the silicon-based solar panels we see on roofs today,” said Sam Stranks, the lead scientific advisor and one of the co-founders of Swift Solar, in a Ted Talk. “Another aspect that really excites me: how cheaply these can be made. These thin crystalline films are made by mixing two inexpensive readily abundant salts to make an ink that can be deposited in many different ways… This means that perovskite solar panels could cost less than half of their silicon counterparts.”

LOL…

As is the oil industry. Billions.

Nuclear power has gotten safe then ever before people are stuck in the past.

Are the waste products safer?

storage of spent fuel road have come a long way reducing contamination.
The CANDU system is quite impressive.

Storing it is a piss poor plan, terrible. We should be using it. We have the technology.

Well if true, no problem. Another arrow in quiver.

But you’re still not going to run fully automated society using Sunlight.

Now having said that…it’s much better then wind.

For fusion we need helium 3…and we know just where to get it. :wink:

Very few people outside the fringe are saying that (and I’m certainly not). At least less then are outright against wind & solar altogether.

I’m all for alternative energy…what I won’t support costly expensive subsidies for special interest groups that has n impact on environment.,nor should we wreck our economy that so many people depend on.

Once we go fully automated society we are going to need cheap energy. Because automation and robotics consumes massive amounts of energy/electricity.

The coal industry would be dead without costly expensive subsidies.

1 Like