Will Mitch follow his own standards?

that would be in keeping wit precedent

Mother Jones has combined a long list of quotes

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term — I would say that if it was a Republican president .” (source)

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas): “It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.” (source)

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.): “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election” (This was actually what he said in 2018, doubling down on his previous stance. )

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Col.): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.” (source)

2 Likes

Makes you wonder: when the secession threads pop up everyone argues that a state isn’t allowed to do that.

When California mentions it, everyone is like “bye Felicia!”

1 Like

The top 10 most populous states total 160 million citizens (one of those states is Georgia). The top three only cover about 1/4 of the total population.

How many “states” decide today?

“Fleecing the country…”

Has the left ever proposed a budget that was lower than one proposed by the right?

You have a strange definition of fleecing.

Yes, but not a law. :wink:

did they also supply the quotes of democrat senators?

LOL. Even better. The unpopular decision by Republicans not to confirm a SC justice got Trump elected. It’s fun to think that was meant to be a better explanation for Trump’s win. There is laughter on both sides of the aisle now. Thank you!

Not in that article.

so? not opposed to law either

laugh all you wish. its true

“So” is in relation to the OP.

And quite frankly after the way the democrats have behaved since Trump was elected they’ve no leg to stand on when it comes to preaching standards.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/kenolin1/status/1307354776368111616?s=20

They won’t need to. Republican soundbites and unpopularity will be much more effective for Biden and the Democrats. It doesn’t matter if the hypothetical addition of justices is popular or not. The only thing that matters now is how unpopular the current actions of Republicans are.

I can understand the concern.

270 electoral votes worth, but you knew that already.

I will. Thanks. Unpopular actions lead to election wins. That’s special.

Actually, in many ways states do vote, and always have.

States get EC votes based on population, but always get two additional just for being states.

So in Wyoming’s 3 EC votes, two of those are because they are a state and not due to population.

1 Like

the fishbowl has you fooled.

How many states matter? I’d say 7-10 depending on the election year.

Do republicans in California vote for different things than republicans in Wyoming? I’m trying to figure out why a Republican in Wyoming would be disappointed that a Republican in California voted for Trump.

1 Like

No, States don’t cast a vote. The people do.

1 Like