Will Gov Roy Cooper drag Cunningham and Biden to victory?

It’s difficult to argue against such an objective, fact-based analysis.

LOL… like polls are “facts”. I don’t need your permission or approval to have an opinion.

One thing I will say about North Carolina, it has a very long ballot.

For me it will be 26 different races. I don’t vote straight ticket, never have, never will. I will have to evaluate each of those races on its merits. As this is my first election as a North Carolina resident, it is going to be quite interesting for me.

I do find partisan elections for judicial offices to be moronic, but that is the situation that exists in North Carolina, so will just have to find the best candidate amid the partisan sniping.

President
US Senate
US House (District 10)
Governor
Lieutenant Governor
Attorney General
Auditor
Commissioner of Agriculture
Commissioner of Insurance
Commissioner of Labor
Secretary of State
Superintendent of Public Instruction
Treasurer
Supreme Court Chief Justice
Supreme Court Associate Justice Seat 2
Supreme Court Associate Justice Seat 4
Court of Appeals Seat 4
CoA 5
CoA 6
CoA 7
CoA 13
State Senate District 45
State House District 90
District Court Judge District 17B Seat 4
Surry County Register of Deeds
Surry Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor

1 Like

Thing is, at thi point life before COVID may as well have been 100 years ago in political time. Death, disease, and unemployment are all around us. And the Senate Republicans pretty much gave those most affected a big “screw you” by letting some of the protections and benefits in place to offset all the suffering expire. People aren’t just going to forget that

1 Like

and lots of working folks who were fed up with loafers getting free money and living better than those working will too.

tell us please, how badly was a guy making 500 a week affected when he got laid off and could collect 850 a week in UI?

How many of those suffering that drastic effect will be evicted now since they “couldn’t” pay the rent?

Those “most affected” are giving a giant "screw you’ to the rest of us.

1 Like

Polls are facts. They are a snapshot in history.

Intuition on the other hand is not very scientific.

But then again lots of people believe in the tooth fairy also.

We see you election night and see how your intuition does.

Allan

1 Like

LOL… they are a snapshot of a staged picture of a manipulated outcome. Like any other statistics, you can make them say whatever you want them to.

1 Like

This attitude is going to be the demise of the Republican Party. Mark my words.

These “loafers” as you call them didn’t ask for any of this. I personally know 3 people who have had to shutter their businesses after being forced to shut down - one of them had been in business for 40 years.

2 Likes

keep thinking that, even the people getting the money know its nuts.

1 Like

when did i say anything about business owners who have been harmed…

oh, thats right. i didn’t

1 Like

They and their employees are part of the ones receiving these benefits you would be so quick to snatch from them

complete BS, business owners are not elligeable for UI benefits anywhere I know of.

Keep thinking a guy who made 500 a week is “suffering” because he can collect 850 in UI benefits and needs help to stave off eviction because he couldn’t pay the rent. Its nuts, but keep thinking that way.

This post is about your feelings and has no foundation in what the facts are.

That was part of the CARES Act.

Do a little research before labeling everyone benefiting a “loafer.”

If the GOP carries forward with that attitude, I can pretty much guarantee there will be a democratic WH, Senate, and House on January 20.

I also live in NC and Trump will win.

I also live in NC and it will be close and Trump may not win.

1 Like

did i claim otherwise?

oh yeah, no I didn’t.

If a Business Shuts Down Can the Owner Get Unemployment Benefits? | Small Business - Chron.com.

They are if they paid themselves a salary and had to close the business through no fault of their own.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

You are basing this on the people around you. I live in a very blue NC city and I do not know a single Trump supporter. But I’m not silly enough to think that means anything.

2 Likes

okay, and what does that have to do with the guy that was making 500 suddenly getting “hit hard” and collecting 850? Nobody is saying to cut everyone off, just stop the insanity.